Will it run?

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys,im building a budget rig for a friend and was wondering if a 5800k with 8gb of 1866mhz will be able to run ftb decently.
if a thread about this already exists please direct me to it.

keep in mind if you do recommend something i can only use physical sydney stores(friend is a bit old fashioned~)

Last edited:

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys,im building a budget rig for a friend and was wondering if a 5800k with 8gb of 1866mhz will be able to run ftb decently.
if a thread about this already exists please direct me to it.

keep in mind if you do recommend something i can only use physical sydney stores(friend is a bit old fashioned~)

Hello!

Are you going to be adding a Graphic's Card. the build in APU in the AMD-A10-5800K would not be able to run FTB by it self.

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
nope,with this budget i can either go with this build or a 4th gen Pentium w/ a r7 240 .

have $500 to work with here....

i came across this video
im using slightly slower ram but shouldnt i still be able to get playable fps?or are you saying the integrated gpu cant handle ftb?

Last edited:

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me purchasing a $100 graphics card will enable you to play FTB at better frames.

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me purchasing a $100 graphics card will enable you to play FTB at better frames.
there are none for that price.the only ones that are under 100 use ddr3 memory so i might as well spent that extra cash on high speed ram.

like i said,i considered a r7 240+pentium build already but a gpu at that price can only be slow.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Oh Okay,
I'm From Australia as well. In that case you are better sticking with a A10 into you can save up for a graphics card.