What's to look for in server hosts for decent performance at little cost?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I want to try my hands at hosting a FTB server and I what I gathered if you want just 2 to 5 people on a server with least lag with nothing banned you'll needs about 2GB of RAM to do so which is an arm and leg to pays. ( I found the cheapest I can goes with $50 is 3 months for a dedicated one) Is this the cheapest I can get or is there more to it that I could makes my dollars goes the extra miles? While getting the same performance. I would like a server that could do smoothly with 5 people. I knows RAM isn't the whole picture but I don't know what's to looks for to spends little money while being able to get similar performance and running 5 people on it. So can someone please reply?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I use www.vps4less.co.uk and have 100+ players online atm with no problems.
I think they're good if you want your server hosted in the US because their french node is full.

Pls add you run 3 servers with a cap of 30 slots per server. So not actually 100 players per server.

Your
smp1.minemod.org 24 players limit
smp2.minemod.org offline
smp3.minemod.org 30 players limit

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
Was goign to say 100players on one server id like to see how thats posisble :p unles syou remove all mods hehe =D Hivelocity is who we use their Mini Monst is a Beast aof a server and on the cheap 2!

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
Pls add you run 3 servers with a cap of 30 slots per server. So not actually 100 players per server.

Your
smp1.minemod.org 24 players limit
smp2.minemod.org offline
smp3.minemod.org 30 players limit

There's bugs with mekanism on SMP2, which has 100 slots.
At the most crowded time (18:00 GMT) there were 110-120 players online.