Well ... you dont see this everyday (Mindcrack pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
2012-12-23_222438_zpsca40e22e.png

2012-12-23_222502_zps38e729f8.png

No configs were tweaked prior to world gen. spawn ~200 blocks 'behind' me

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyday no, but I have seen floating villages before, but with a oil geyser and volcano right there...looks like a perfect place to call home :D[DOUBLEPOST=1356303086][/DOUBLEPOST]And what is the seed?

Reactions: Confidential1207

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
My first 1.4.5 test map had them everywhere. When I found the first one, it was endearingly named Venice in my waypoints. The next, Atlantis. By the time I'd found the fifth, still with no Apiarist, Blacksmith, or bookshelves, I went all Poseidon on them. At least they all learned to swim, and ponder their terrible choice of location.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
I cant remember it off the top of my head, head south from spawn until you reach the ocean. make a boat and keep the coastline on your left. Its the long way, but you'll get there (eventually)

I'm still trying to find it again (no luck yet)- but I've seen another 3 30-40 block oil geysers and loads of 5 block ones around them.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately oil geysers are random. I don't know about the village (should be there probably) but the oil geysers will very probably not be there at all.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunatly the seed won't be of much use. The oil and the volcano most likely won't spawn in the same location guys. Both of those are put in after the world has generated and unlikely to be there. I would assume that the village will be because Mojang does that and I would assume that villages are created on world gen.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Unfortunatly the seed won't be of much use. The oil and the volcano most likely won't spawn in the same location guys. Both of those are put in after the world has generated and unlikely to be there. I would assume that the village will be because Mojang does that and I would assume that villages are created on world gen.

Yeah, oil gen is fully randomised, so its different with each iteration of the same seed. (guess it stops people finding well in SSP when they have the seed for their server).

Volcanoes are generated as part of the seed. I've used the same seed a few times, and a pair of volcanoes always spawned on the same ravine.
I think oil is generated before/during world gen- marsh biomes really mess it up. Volcanoes generate after- if they appear in a redwood/fir biome it's a ugly mess

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a couple villages like that. A village you don't have to worry about protecting from zombies lol :)