Weird server issue.. please help..

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reyno7771

Jul 29, 2019
Hi..
i have strange issue on my server..( direwolf20 )
example.. i should be able to break a dirt block with any item.. but i cannot.. ( this applies to other blocks ) i cannot break a bee hive with a scoop....
i play with my son and a friend, the issue doesn't affect them..
if i log onto the server on my pc, but using my sons ftb account the issue disappears.
so it must be how the server sees me, but i have no idea where to start looking to resolve it..
any help will be appreciated..
Thanks
J..

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
You are probably in adventure mode. I'm not sure how to change it in a server, but I'm sure that if you are an op you can change it otherwise you probably need one to do it for you. Try using NEI to see if it will change it for you. It is between Creative+ and Survival.

reyno7771

Jul 29, 2019
You are probably in adventure mode. I'm not sure how to change it in a server, but I'm sure that if you are an op you can change it otherwise you probably need one to do it for you. Try using NEI to see if it will change it for you. It is between Creative+ and Survival.

ftb client is definitely in survival... but your right, forcing game mode 0 in the server properties fixed... thank you :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just another thing that might caused it: the spawn area is always protected so that only ops can change the terain.