Windows .exe Was the Modpack supposed to update Thermal Expansion automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
I ask because my computer sometimes won't allow programs to update, and I do not know why. The most relevant example is that MultiMC will never update, even when I tell it to.

The only thing I can think of is that my anti-virus software won't allow it, yet there isn't anything I know to do to enable it. I'm using the Norton anti-virus software my computer came with.

dafiremaster

Jul 29, 2019
It's doubtful that the launcher was supposed to update it. It's probably something similar to the endless Matmos update messages you get playing Tekkit. Just a little thing that the mod author coded into the mod to let people know to update if they're playing something that they modded themselves.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Norton anti-virus software my computer came with.

Worst Anti virus known to man kind (in my option)

Im running kaspersky.

Edit: At this point some mods will only tell you in game that there is a new version on there mod. Also slow said on a stream that it will prompt you to update(if you want) in the launcher (that will be working at release)

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Worst Anti virus known to man kind (in my option)

Im running kaspersky.

Edit: At this point some mods will only tell you in game that there is a new version on there mod. Also slow said on a stream that it will prompt you to update(if you want) in the launcher (that will be working at release)
I'll raise you Microsoft Security Essentials on that kaspersky :p

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I read your comment wrong then =P may have to look into that one then. thanks for that.

dafiremaster

Jul 29, 2019
He was kidding. MSE is pretty much laughed at when it comes to antivirus. Microsoft is the reason why there are the security holes to begin with. Personally I've only run MBAM for the last three or four years and it's caught everything there was that I ever got.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'll raise you Microsoft Security Essentials on that kaspersky :p
I'll raise your MSE to avast!

On the topic of of AV's: I would presume some of the same issues that the technic pack has had with them may be the same with FTB? In which case we should probably be looking out for AV issues now.

Status
Not open for further replies.