verticle redstone?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trinityfade

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering if there was an item in any of the current mods that allowed a person to run a redstone signal up a wall. Im trying to make an elevator rail system to get in and out of my homebase but can't find any items that accomplish this by pushing a button. Any help would be appreciated.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment there is not, later on redpower will be added, introducing this feature.
However, elevator rails conduct redstone from top to bottom, just fyi.

trinityfade

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment there is not, later on redpower will be added, introducing this feature.
However, elevator rails conduct redstone from top to bottom, just fyi.
Yeah, I trying to get a setup where when Im on the bottom, I push a button to activate the booster track and then activate a signal at the top of the elevator to activate the rails to raise me up. But in order to go down the signal has to be deactivated to push a button at the top to activate a booster track to take me to the bottom. Hopefully RP2 will be out soon thanks for answering though.

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually really easy to do this right now - just use buildcraft gates, pipe wires, and cobblestone structure pipes.

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
Like Kyre said; Gates, Structure Pipes, and Pipe Wire is by far the best method at this point. Especially since you can cover the pipes with Facades.

Beyond that you can snake Redstone up walls with vanilla mechanics using nothing but redstone torches. It takes up more room and is hard to hide but is exceedingly simple and cheap. It's hard to explain exactly how to do it but look at this as an example: http://i.minus.com/i2SjQzSx76cLm.png. Placing a button or lever on the bottom block in either of those scenarios and you'll be able to turn the top torch on and off

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
T
B
T
B
T
B

Awesome :D

Did I screw that up, or is this one of those situations where redstone is weird, so both work? Either seems possible to me :p Either way, yeah. Something like that. Also introduces a bit of lag, sadly.

EDIT: Owait. I see. They both work, but mine allows a torch on every level, so it can go up exactly the right distance. The alternating one uses less stuff, but can only run a current out of every other level.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You can take the signal out at all levels from both, It's just with the 2 wide one you can take the outputs from the same side whereas with the 1 wide the outputs have to be on different sides. Not that is a big issue.