Problem Upgrading my computer?

fabnab

Jul 29, 2019
(I dont know if this is the right section for this post, if not, please place the post in the right section, thanks)
Hello lovely people,

I have a descent computer which I host my server on and play at the same time. There are around 3 people on my server. My server has sometimes some block lag, but mostly it runs well. But when I play myself, I get around 10 to 20 fps, and if I am lucky around 30 fps. I was thinking about upgrading my computer a bit, but I dont know what I need to upgrade to improve gaming. I still get the stupid lag when I play with fast settings and all that stuff. I can play vanilla minecraft with no lag at all. But do I need to upgrade my RAM, videocart or something else, because I dont understand computerstuffz. Here are some of my computer specs, if you need more information about my computer to help me, please leave a comment below:
- 4 gigabytes of RAM
- NVIDIA 560x Videocart or something xD
(sorry I am in a hurry so I just put this information and I couldnt find everything)
Hope you guys can help me!
Thanks,

fabnab

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Probably more of a general discussion topic.

To be honest there probably isn't enough to go on there, but I can probably give some general advice. Best thing at the moment to improve system performance is to replace your Hard Drive with an SSD (can't emphasise this enough for a performance boast) and if you already have one of these then you may just want to increase your amount of RAM. I tend to stick in an extra few gig every now and then (off the top of my head - I'm not at home at the moment - I'm up to 32gb). Also when running anything over 3.5gb of RAM make sure you are running a 64bit operating system.

Making sure you're AV is up-to-date and actively checking for Viruses is also important, as - obviously - these will destroy system performance.

Finally if all else fails then reinstalling the OS never hurts (as long as you back up all your important files).