Upgrades in IC2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jason Betts

Jul 29, 2019
After blowing up my workshop with an errant cable placement (bloody mess, GT crap blows up HUGE), I rebuilt the workshop, but have found I am unable to stack any upgrade past 4... this is becoming an issue as my recycler is now receiving (I recently build a trash processor to make slabs) more trash then it can process with only 8 upgrades. I had it working like a beast with a 13 stack before the derpa moment.

Anyone experience something similar? How do I fix?

Thanks

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You have to add energy storage upgrades if you go past 8 on the recycler since it doesn't have enough internal storage to use more than that in a tick. A better idea would be to make another recycler. Upgrading uses more resources and EU. The only benefit is smaller block space usage.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
make a transformer upgrade and run it at 128eut, plus 9 oc's and 4 energy upgrades and you should be good :)

Jason Betts

Jul 29, 2019
I am running it at 8 OCs, 2 PUs, and 2 TUs at 512.. the issue is that if I can't stack the Upgrades past 4 pieces per stack I can't get 9 on a device as the 9th requires both a Power Storage upgrade and transformer upgrade to function correctly. (only 4 upgrade slots).

I realize another recycler is a more efficient use of materials, but I don't have a materials challenge, I am challenging myself to the confines of the build.

Thanks, but the issue is... Why are my upgrades not stacking above 4?