Updating Ultimate modpack, MANUALLY. ??

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lokymean

Jul 29, 2019
Is this possible?

I mean, can i simply get the updated jar files for 1.5.X or better and copy that into the server root? I realize there will be errors but can the errors be dealt with by updating the mods that do have available updates and dropping the rest?

Or would it be better to get the vanilla jar file and mod from there?

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably not possible.

The only way I can think of is to boot your server without the mods that you are not going to put in 1.5 so the entities get removed.

Then you would probably need to make sure the ID's match between old and new entities. If you have something like redstone with ID 50 in 1.4.7 then it also needs to be 50 in 1.5

Then boot the server and watch it crash in a burning heap. :p

Honestly, if it is possible the upgrade process would be ridiculously delicate and you'll probably find half of your creations completely destroyed.

If you do to do this, take a backup because it will probably destroy everything

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you have a VPS or Dedicated server and want to update? If so in your launcher click the modpack and then select the version and click download server. You get all the mods all in a neat little folder. Then shut down the server and delete everything except the world and then put all the things you got in that folder in the Minecraft server replacing the old ones. Startup and there you go updated or downgraded to whatever version you want.