Unsubscribe bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
This will be a simple post, as I'm yet unsure if I am the only one affected by this.

Each time somebody replies on a thread on which I've posted, I get an email about it. Opting to unsubscribe to the thread sends me to the website and tells me I won't receive any more messages. The problem with that is that it continues to send me messages regardless, which has forced me to flag every last message from FTB as spam.

If anyone else can confirm that this has affected them, that would be appreciated.

~Thanks.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I have not experienced this issue and also flagging our messages as spam does nothing but harm other users as this means your email provider may move our messages into spam meaning every time you want to reset email signup etc you have to go into spam. What is your email provider so I can see if anyone else has this?

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
I use Hotmail/Live.com

I absolutely don't intend on inconveniencing anybody else or getting their messages falsely sent to spam, but I receive hundreds of emails from this site daily, which isn't acceptable for me. I love the feature and still use it, just can't have it clotting my inbox because I must have that clear for work.

The obvious alternative for me would be to make another folder for the messages to get directed into, or make another email address to use for this sort of thing.

This wasn't a complaint post, but my way of bringing a possible problem to the front. It is possible it is just hotmail, as they are currently migrating to outlook.com. (Only found this out just now)

Thanks for the reply.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
If you visit your preferences in your account (link here) are the check boxes beside the following options clear or selected?

"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..."

"and receive email notifications of replies"

Status
Not open for further replies.