Unable to use IC2 copper & tin ore on server?

BeJae

Jul 29, 2019
Before reading this, it is assumed you know that multiple mods have the ability to generate copper & tin ore, such as IC2, Redpower 2 etc. Thermal Expansion is responsible for copper & tin ore generation, and every other mod has copper & tin turned off by default.

It appears as though sadly I cannot have my server generate IC2 copper & tin ore without having my players use a custom IC2.cfg that has the generation of copper & tin turned on. If a player tries to connect the server without copper & tin turned on they get this:

xKoaZVZ.png

Why is this happening?

Well it seems as if turning off copper & tin generation in the config, not only stops the ore from generating in your world, but removes the ore blocks completely so that they no longer exist in the game. I have come to this conclusion after some testing,

I made a new world with copper & tin turned on.

Then turned them off.

Loaded up the world again.

What I found was that all the copper & tin ore blocks that previously existed in that world were now replaced by air. This is what appears to be stopping the client from connecting to the server, because the server has blocks that do not exist to the client.

RedPower 2 however works as expected, turning off ore generation in redpower.cfg only stops the ore from generating in the world, but the ore blocks still exist, meaning that any chunks generated while it was turned on will still have the ore in them, and if turned off newly generated chunks will not. Due to the fact that the ore blocks still exist, connecting to a server that has enabled the generation of red power ores is not an issue.

I very much prefer IC2's copper & tin ore over Thermal Expansion's, and would like to use it on my server but trying to get people to change their config's is too much of a pain. If anyone knows something I don't, and can use IC2 ores on their server without needing custom config's please tell me.

Other than that does anyone know a good way to get in contact with the FTB Team? If I could bring this issue to their attention maybe they can fix it, they've already proven to be quite extraordinary.