[Ultimate] lags then crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0d

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm using the Ultimate pack, in local (not on a server), and I only added optifine (Optifine_1.4.6_HUD_U_D5 - I tried the last version but it do make crash FTB). I use the option "multi core chunk loading" of optifine. I'm playing with this sphax bdcraft texture pack.
My pc: cpu i7 (with 8 cores), 16GB DD3 RAM, SD Hard Drive, running with Windows 7.
Using the option panel of the FTB launcher, I allowed 8GB of memory to minecraft.

The problem is that, before between 30mn to 1 hour of playing FTB, the game starts to lag and I can see the following msg in the debug console:
2013-04-04 14:51:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 33469 to go!
And then, after a couple of minutes with hard lags, minecraft just crashes.

I tried do disable the "secret room" mod, as proposed in this discussion, but I don't change anything.

I attach the log files.

Anyone got an idea?

Attachments

• MinecraftLog2.txt
    161.5 KB · Views: 33

r0d

Jul 29, 2019
I add a new log file

Attachments

• MinecraftLog.txt
    174.2 KB · Views: 41

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. (This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher)
Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin.
To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. (This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher)
Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin.
To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.
Yes, do this.

r0d

Jul 29, 2019
@Ashzification: ok I'll do that next time. didn't know, sorry.

@Meldiron: Thanks a lot guy!! It works! I'm playing since like 3 hours, and not even a little lag! I first tried the second proposal (-XX:MaxPermSize=256M), and it seems to work perfectly.

The word of java is a strange world... we have to tune the virtual machine to make it manage properly the memory, I don't get it. I'm a c++ developer, and I don't understand how the memory is managed in java. I read once that the concept of garbage collector is like the nuclear fusion: something that theorycally should potentially work, but that cannot work in the real world. This is the kind of things we could read in 2010, when there was a proposal for the c++ comitee of implementing a garbage collector in c++.

MaxPermSize specifies the initial maximum size that will be allocated during startup of the JVM; I don't understand why, in my case, it fix the problem: the problem was after at least 30mn of game.
Well anyway, sorry to say that (I've nothing against java), but it seems that minecraft should have been made in c++ (or c if you want), only because of this recurrent memory problems. Well I don't know... I'm not really a good developer (spend too much time on video games) so... I don't know.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help guys, rrrrrreally apreciated!
Thanks.

Reactions: Meldiron
Status
Not open for further replies.