Two ideas for the launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
First I wanted to thank you guys for your hard work. I love the launcher. I can finally play minecraft with my friends without having to manually install and configure mods on each of their computers.

I had two ideas for the launcher (well, one reasonably original idea):

The first is the idea that everyone has, enabling and disabling individual mods through the launcher. The difference in this case is that it would just be one component for my second idea.​
The second idea is adding some form of browser plug-in/integration to allow people to create a clickable link to their minecraft server. Notionally a link would look something like:​
<a href="FTB: ip=127.0.0.1 modpack=modpackA"> click me to connect </a>​
<a href="FTB: ip=127.0.0.1 mods=IC2,BC3,forestry,mystcraft"> Click me too </a>​
The details of the link formatting and options are unimportant, but the plug-in would parse the link to determine the IP and mods/modpack, automatically start minecraft with the correct mods, and connect to the server.​
This idea would require a lot of work for the browser integration (i think, but i'm a terrible coder) and a new minecraft mod that auto-connects based on input from the FTB launcher (possibly just something that checks to see if an autoexec file exists, reads it, deletes it, and then connects to the server).​
If you can pull it off, I could see it making the FTB launcher the new standard for minecraft servers. Who wouldn't use the FTB launcher for their server if they could just provide a hyperlink that automatically configures people's client.​

Status
Not open for further replies.