Problem Trying to update FTB Rev server from 2018

hakosalio

May 17, 2021
I can get FTB revelation up and running but I would love to use the old map I have with this pack from 2018. When I try to replace the world folder the server crashes on startup. Is there a simple way to make this happen?

What I did was install the server from the FTB client and copy the old world folder there and tried to run it.

I already narrowed the problem down to 2 things:
1. I need to delete the playerdata folder or the client will crash when joining (I can live with this)
2. I need to delete the world chunk folders (DIM-x and region) to get the server running without crashing on startup.

I tried setting removeErroringEntities and TileEntities to true in forge.cfg, but that doesn't help.

Code:
    # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringEntities=true

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringTileEntities=true

Error report:

Version the old server had running in 2018:
{ "forgeVersion": "2627", "mcVersion": "1.12.2", "packVersion": "1.8.0", "packID": "FTBRevelation", "xml": "modpacks" }

The version I have the new setup is 3.4.0 I belive.

System:
Windows 10
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, AM4, 3.7 GHz, 6-Core
Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) HyperX Fury, DDR4 3200MHz
Java 64 bit installed

Last edited: