Trying to change Crosshairs pointer in the game.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
I play in 1.7.10 in the Direwolf20 pack and I've been trying to change the size and color of the crosshair cursor in the game. I've attempted to go to FTB/Direwolf20_17/Minecraft/resourcepacks/assets/Minecraft/textures/gui and edit the 'Icons' file using Paint.net. I changed the Crosshair image, saved it, and replaced the old file with the edited version. But when I log into the game I see absolutely no change of the puny little crosshair that I have troubles seeing in the game. I'm a colorblind person and I sometimes have troubles seeing the crosshairs when hovering over some areas in the game. I'd really like like to be able to change that crosshair in the game to be One: bigger and Two: A different color would help me to see it better.

Anybody know of which file I need to go to? And please don't tell me to go to %appdata%/.Minecraft. I've tried to go there and find the GUI folder and its no where to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-MNJ-

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm guessing either this has been dealt with in another thread someplace or nobody has ever attempted to do this. I've watched a couple YouTube vids so I know its been something people have wanted to do. And I really thought I was on the right track. Well if it has been in another thread I would appreciate a link to that thread so I can see what has been said. Thanks

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use proper resourcepack setup?
Stacktrace is:

Resourcepacks\(Pack.zip)\assets\minecraft

Make sure you have an mcmeta file containing:

Code:
{
"pack":{
"pack_format":1,
"description":"My Resource Pack"
}
}

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I find in Minecraft/resourcepacks in a MCMETA File called Pack (1k):

{
"pack": {
"pack_format": 1,
"description": "Crisp and Refined §8§oSoar49, Shoeboxam, Goldbattle"
}
}
I don't find any file by the name Pack.zip. There is however the Invictus.zip file. Could it be that one if I have updated my graphic pack to Invictus? I'm thinking maybe eh?

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
I answered my own question. Now to edit and see if I get a more see-able crosshair. Thank you Gamefury64 for helping to guide me to the right path. Much appreciated. :):D

Reactions: Gamefury64