Casual Server "The Shack" |Mindcrack | Looking for 1 or 2 Friends with vent or skype to play on my server.

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I have my own very small server that is just 1 of my IRL friends, 1 guy I brought in from the forums and Me. They don't really play as often as me so things get pretty lonely lol. I play pretty much every day for many hours a day and really enjoy Modded minecraft. But I also enjoy having friends to chat with and interact with while I'm playing. To me interacting and talking to friends is a huge part of any multiplayer game.

What Im looking for: I would really like to find 1 or "maybe" 2 more folks to play on my server with me. I'm looking for people that Like to chat with each other while playing Like I do, someone that is social while playing and likes to BS on vent or skype & that plays alot. I'm not really a shared base person as I am really picky about how I build and what I build but I do like helping my friends out with there base and builds and letting them help me if they want and working on projects together. I just don't do the shared base thing I like to have my own home lol. So whoever came onto the server would be able to make there own base where ever they want as long as its no further then 4k from the spawn and not to close to mine ( I like My privacy so I can walk around in my minecraft house nude dancing to gangnam style on the square jukebox ).

Also I would like my fellow minecrafter to be 18+ preferably in there late 20's or older since I'm 27 and I can relate to older folks much better. Man, Woman, or a wife and husband doesn't matter. Skill with the mods doesn't really matter. Being chatty is a plus lol.One thing I don't tolerate at all is griefing, friendly pranks are fine but any griefing will get you banned instantly. I pay $20 a month for the server Myself atm but I would really like us all to chip in each month to pay for the server, it isn't really fair for just me to pay for the server. Anyone that joins I would like them to be willing to pitch in a few bucks with the rest of us to pay each month.

Some info about me: I'm 27 years old and Live in the eastern part of the US in Pennsylvania. I am a big gamer and really enjoy gaming. I mostly play RPG's , Action/Adventure games, Some racing games ( Mostly rally type racing games) , used to be heavy into mmos but were taking up to much of my time and were detrimental to my social life and life in general, and Shooters ( Not a big multiplayer shooter fan I am more into single player shooters). I like computers and techy stuff in general. I have built my own computers and like learning and teaching myself new things, like i've taught myself some webdesign, some video editing, and rite now I'm using computer craft in minecraft to try to learn LUA.
I'm also NOT a city person at all, I Love the outdoors. I love fishing and used to run a bait and tackle shop. I Like automotive stuff, I love fast cars and 4x4 trucks and working on vehicles. I also like Atv's and dirtbikes as I used to own a few, I don't now as I cant afford to. I guess I'm like a redneck geek lol...Anything else about me you will just have to join the server and talk to me.

Server Info: Rite now the server is running the latest Mindcrack Pack with some additional mods I've added that are: Bibliocraft (adds thins like shelves, armor stands, book cases, all that actually show the items in or on them) Mystcraft ( I havnt updated to the newest version yet But I plan to), Additional Pipes ( Might be able to remove this now since there are tesseracts nowadays) & Forge essentials for some admin stuff.
Mods I am seriously considering adding are: Thaumic bees.
Mods I might add are: Modular powersuits, Applied energistics.
Server backups everynight.
Server is hosted in eastern US
Things I don't allow are: No huge holes in the overworld so things like quaries need to me put in a mystcraft age. Be respectful with your thaumcrafting if you do alot of it or like to dump aspects into the air set up your thaumcraft stuff in a mystcraft age, also don't go chopping down every silverwood tree in the overworld do that in a mystcraft age. basically anything that is really destructive to the world or environment do in a mystcraft age. you can delete and remake mystcraft ages much easier then the main world. Of course no griefing or your instantly banned. ( friendly pranks are cool tho ).. Just use common sense be respectful of the server and use on it.
I have my on 25 slot vent server that I pay for so we can use it anytime we want.

I would rather Keep the server the Mindcrack pack and not switch to the ultimate pack as I don't see a need to and I like the feel of the mindcrack pack where the ultimate pack has so many mods that some of them don't have synergy with each other.

If your interested Please reply to this thread or send me a Pm using the format below. If you don't feel comfortable posting personal info here:
This is just for me to get some info about you and see if we have common interests.

Name:
Do you have ventrilo or skype, a microphone and are comfortable using them?
If you play other games what type of games do you like the most?
whats your favorite game besides minecraft?
How experienced are you with the mods in the Mindcrack pack?
What country are you from?
Why do you want to join my server?
What time do you usually play? ( and Timezone)

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update I'm still Looking for 1 or 2 folks and I'm adding Thaumic Bees to the server today. I might add Applied Energistics but for now I'm atleast adding thaumic bees.

If your not sure how to install a mod into the mod pack I can help you out its really easy.

EDIT: Well looks like the mnindcrack guys were thinking the same as me as they just updated the pack and added thaumic bees.. Saves me the trouble..

So my server will be updated to Mindcrack 8.2

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Im still waiting on the Mindcrack pack to update to 8.2 so I can install it on the server. Also I'm getting kinda lonely lol. So I'm still looking for a person or two to hand out with me on the server.

Hirix

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Justin (Hirix)

Do you have ventrilo or skype, a microphone and are comfortable using them? Skype with a working mic and comfortable to use them.

If you play other games what type of games do you like the most? Various MMORPGs such as WoW and even play some LoL but on a more casual sense.

whats your favorite game besides minecraft? World of Warcraft.

How experienced are you with the mods in the Mindcrack pack? I am fairly good with them, but Gregtech would probably give me some trouble early on.

What country are you from? United States.

Why do you want to join my server? I think it would be both fun and interesting, doing a small server play with a few players, very few. It has a sense of a singleplayer but with a small group that you can rely on and build with, making it rather enjoyable instead of being on a bigger server worry about problems with outer groups.

What time do you usually play? ( and Timezone) I usually don't keep track of my play times as I change quite a bit between various games, it just depends on what I feel like doing at the time. As for the time zone, I am in the Pacific Standard Time zone.