The Diary of Dire- a build journal

D

DireChyymeras

Hi, i'm direchymeras, a 16 year old creative dude who's new to this forum :)

The main reason i've created this account is to showcase my modded builds and learn from the modded veterans of this forum, i wasn't sure what format to accomplish this however so i have taken some inspiration from rhn's continued adventures (i hope he doesn't mind :) )

i'm primarily a builder and i'm currently playing on a custom modpack
i'm not the most experienced with mods other than the cosmetic so i hope to learn from this pack and people on the forum.

my current modlist as of the time of writing:
(this doesn't include the generic comers btw)
ancient trees
AOBD
archimdedes ships plus
Armourers workshop
artifacts
Betterstorage
Bigreactors
Binnie's mod (genetics and botany disabled)
BiomesOPlenty
carpenters blocks
chickenchunks
chisel2
decocraft
EnderIO
Enderstorage
ExtraTIC
extrautillities
forestry
Headcrumbs
IguanaTinkerTweaks
ImmersiveEngineering
journeymap
jurassicraft
magicbees
morematerials
Mrcrayfish's furniture
openblocks
practicallities
Project red illumination
recurrent complex
rouguelike dungeons
simplyjetpacks
tinker's construct
thaumcraft
thermal expansion
tinker's mechworks
utilityworlds
warpbook
weapon caseloot
yegamolchattel
s

i have been playing on my current world for about two months, although sporadically due to tech problems, my current goal is to create a medieval village before i automate myself and build a bunker style base.

here is what i have so far:

My starter house and tech :
2015-12-12_17.57.41_zpsdrr6cnu9.png

my starter shack, the rouguelike proved useful in starting off my supplies
2015-12-12_17.57.54_zpsieuhedus.png

close up, the shack looks decent for a rush job but clearly isn't the best
2015-12-12_17.59.12_zpszsrsi8ca.png

here's my starter tech, an automated coke oven and blast furnace courtesy of immersive engineering, and a simple smeltery, the inside of the shack is predominantly storage and the remnants of a cobble gen system i made using an extra utilities transfer node to give me an early game surplus.
2015-12-12_18.00.06_zpskl0zuzkt.png

here is my early game mob spawner, situated in the nether, i used the classic vanilla tower and water method with cursed earth as the spawner blocks, and then iron spikes and vacuum hoppers to collect the drops. however this design really isn't efficient and the items aren't filtering into the caches like i intended.

now the main body of my work: the medieval village and castle pt1
2015-12-12_18.03.39_zpssmgoi4es.png

here's an overview of what i've accomplished so far, progress has been slow but i have accomplished 4 structures and castle walls, whilst trying to progress in resources, note: the guard towers have no interior as of yet
2015-12-12_18.03.20_zpsjq1rrtrr.png

the wall details (so far, unfortunately everything needs some final details)
2015-12-12_21.27.27_zpsu6mbamml.png

my workshop, featuring a deco bench, ye gamble chattel items and other materials and custom benches
2015-12-12_18.05.05_zpsajrkiltm.png

every town needs an armoury, maybe, especially one with an interesting roof
you can also see half of my horse breeding area an stables- nothing but simple vanilla within that particular build :p
2015-12-12_18.05.15_zpsaataadxc.png

barracks beneath the armoury
2015-12-12_18.04.16_zpshgltlfd4.png

a building within the town, inspired by DizzyAaron, this currently serves as my pseudo-base however when i move out it will likely become a town hall or place of similar bureaucracy. i tried to go for a tudor inspired design and i think it turned out quite well
2015-12-12_18.04.38_zpslv5izzwo.png

speaking of pseudo bases, here is my pitiful thaumcraft set up, tbh i'm surprised i got this far with it, i was wondering if any of you fine forum users would be able to help (for example what on earth is that purple goop on the ceiling and how do i remove it?)
thats all i have time for currently folks, i hope you enjoyed it, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and i will upload the rest of my progress within the next two days. thank you for reading :)

D

DireChyymeras

also any mod recommendations or config tweaks would be appreciated :)

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
that purple goo is flux gas. if there isn't a lot you can just place a block in it to erase it. it is a finite liquid and spreads. there is a ground version called flux goo. if you have a full block of it for long enough it could form taint.

Reactions: DireChyymeras
D

DireChyymeras

as promised the continued showcase of my world so far, i will now be showing the start of my castle and bunker, two very WIP projects, i'm currently working on the structure rather than the detail so bare that in mind:

2015-12-12_18.06.49_zpsg3kgcqhf.png

overview of the keep so far, i'm aiming for big guard towers with shops and blacksmith stations within the walls, you can sort of see me sketching out the castle in this shot.

2015-12-12_18.06.20_zpsirt1cfvu.png

Oh! and before i forget, my current to do list for rooms within the castle/inner keep, suggestions would be appreciated
2015-12-12_18.04.00_zps4cwuam8g.png

rough castle walls, will add detailing once finished with the roof

2015-12-12_18.07.34_zpswrxt08zj.png

heres is the appalling chasm i have created within the mountain my castle backs onto, i accomplished this mess using an ender quarry with a world hole upgrade and copious amounts of TNT, the plan is to hollow out the mountains/ crag biome and build a bunker/base around and within in it, connected by ziplines and elevators.

2015-12-12_18.07.55_zpscbdhaaox.png

heres a view of the crag for reference (you can see the giant hole in the top if you look hard enough)

so that's all i have accomplished so far, your up to speed, i will continue to post in this thread as i continue so keep checking back here if i've piqued your curiosity :)

D

DireChyymeras

yet another update:

over the past two days i began a project for fun to distract me from the monotony of a cobble castle...
2015-12-12_18.09.04_zpsdrghm13w.png

i built myself a fully functioning airship! constructed of the finest pine and fir tree's found in Dire's empire this freight barge is used for exploration by the explorers guild ,equipped with latest in mechanical marvels: the steam powered engine.
2015-12-12_18.08.59_zpsnzpzvuj2.png

alright, this was just a fun little project to sort of facilitate exploration and
allow me to test out some ideas, this world has a loose steampunk theme to it so i'm hoping to include more airships such as this, i really like how the carpenter's blocks smooth out this ship...
2015-12-12_18.12.19_zpsqfcxsut8.png

... however they look awful during flight, so i wouldn't advise you using them on archimedes ships unless you only care about their appearance whilst stationary.
2015-12-12_18.13.41_zpscjabzdcl.png

at the same time i'm still not sure if i like the look of the ballon or not, it certainly is rather strange...

2015-12-12_18.09.14_zpshvnypllo.png

the helm
2015-12-12_18.13.29_zps4nzp9shw.png

the "engine room" constructed using clockwork technical blocks from chisel, this is essentially a pod within the centre of the ship, the actual functional engine is a series of four archimedes ships engines being pumped full of coal blocks using a transfer node, i experimented with other pipes but they don't retain their position after recompiling the airship. Those two pipe dohickeys in the back are core sample drills from immersive engineering, essentially there for (expensive) decoration but they also have a functional purpose for scouting quarry locations.
2015-12-12_18.10.37_zpspwdvv9c8.png

the captains cabin: featuring copper compartments to safely store the booty from the crews expeditions and some basic decorative aspects, the machines are there for use on my travels but won't remain a part of this build.

i hope you enjoyed this update :) if you have any questions ideas, suggestions or input please share- Dire