Thaumcraft - and mods with multiple versions

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It is my sense that Thaumcraft and its myriad versions is getting away from us. In no small part because each new version requires a complete new set of pages, even though, in a lot of cases, the item / block / mechanic being documented is largely unchanged.

I am trying to add my own contributions, but they largely track my "interest of the moment" so tend to bounce around between versions of mods (and mods) a lot.

The thaumcraft nav-boxes are already monstrosities so I am not sure what I want to suggest... but as a somewhat casual contributor I would like some way to write a page once that applies to thaumcraft 4 and 5 ...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the only way to do this effectively would be to copypaste the article for one mod to the one for the other and change the mod names and abbreviations. You could also simply put a message on the page's talk page and request someone else do it if you don't feel like it. I'm having the same struggle right now with Flaxbeard's Steam Power vs. Esteemed Innovation, where at least half the articles will, at this point, be nearly identical. This is something I'd like to address, but aside from copypasting and making weird page templates I can't think of a decent solution.