Terraformer Information Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB wiki needs information about the IndustrialCraft 2 Terraformer. I know some of you intrepid FTB'ers have figured out all the ins and outs of this machine. Currently, there's not a lot of information on this device available period, and what information is available, like on the IC2 wiki, is a touch outdated and incomplete.

What information do we need?
We have figured out many of the basic elements of how the Terraformer works; we don't need to know the recipe, or the maximum size EU packet it needs. Take a look at the wiki article for the Terraformer, and see if you can add anything to what we have there. In particular, we need information about the TFBP's. What can they do, what are their limitations, how much energy does it take to run one? There are reportedly secret TFBP's. Well, working on a wiki, we don't deal very well with secrets. If there are any that we do not have documented yet, please tell us their details! Also, if any information in the Terraformer article is wrong, tell us!

How can you find this information?
In creative mode! Test it out yourself. We are very busy on the wiki, and just don't have the time to investigate every little detail, so that's when the FTB Community comes to the rescue! :D

Note: We at FTB do not condone decompiling closed source mods. While nothing prevents you from doing so, it is disrespectful to the modders. Please do not talk about doing it here, as it is likely to earn you a warning from a moderator.

Dogt03

Jul 29, 2019
Currently only tested the Chilling TFBP, will test more throughout the next few days, late at night and just posting results of testing.

Chilling:​
  • Range:
    • Farthest snow coverage 52 blocks away from Terraformer
    • 104 block square centered on Terraformer (placed correctly can cover/touch up to 43 chunks at once(6.5 chunk square))
  • Function:
    • Adds layer of snow covering
    • Left long enough, converts snow coverings to snow blocks
    • Effect stacks and repeats
    • Effect most dense closest to Terraformer
(Edit) Interesting note, has a chance to replace non-snow blocks above it if necessary to place snow covering
(Edit 2) May assume it can freeze water from reading IC2 wiki page on this item, would be logical since its making snow
(Edit 3) Updated chunk coverage

Picture added to show size and density if good enough quality

2013-01-30_23.52.32.png

Dogt03

Jul 29, 2019
Desertivication:​
  • Effective Range
    • 104 blocks square around Terraformer
    • Will have scattered results past square
    • Let run for about an hour to see if anything changed, no change

Reactions: arkangyl

Etienne Beaule

Jul 29, 2019
So all the TFBPs have a 104-block affected square around the terraformer. The staking effect is also seen in the Mushroom FTBP.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
So all the TFBPs have a 104-block affected square around the terraformer. The staking effect is also seen in the Mushroom FTBP.

Yup, all terraformers have the same range... I think the Mushroom one is hidden on default...

While I'm sure you guys have been researching off the IC2 wiki, I wanted to add a bit of legacy info...

Used to, back in IC1, there was a blueprint called 'Hollow' that would mass break blocks and serve as a 'mass-excavation' device. Needless to say, the old implementation wasn't CPU friendly, and also was a griefer's best friend on SMP..

(Ironically, I believe it was the least used blueprint in all of IC at the time...)

Status
Not open for further replies.