Tech Support Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Since I always seem to be making new threads to announce things (well not always, but pretty darn frequently) I'm hoping to use this for announcements regarding Tech Support from here on out.

This will include staffing, significant mod pack issues, launcher issues, and various other support related announcements.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
With the recently announced changes regarding FTB and Curse, I want to assure everyone who seeks support: We will still be here for you.

That said, my presence will likely be reduced in the next couple of days to weeks. I was offered a job at CreeperHost, and for the next month I will be trying to find a good balance between my now 3 jobs, and working here. (https://twitter.com/AshZification/status/421444203076259840)
I've accepted the job under the conditions that I can find a balance that will work for me, so we'll see how this goes :)

Edit: and just to be able to spread the feel good:
Since I cannot reply in that thread. :p Congratulations at the new job. Three jobs is a major hurtle for anyone, even if they are not working/helping here. I am amazed at your commitment and hard work. :D Good luck.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Also, we are always looking for people to help on the forums, so please, do not be discouraged if you are trying to break in and help!
If you are corrected by people who are trusted tech supporters (you can usually tell who they are if I've 'liked' their support, or if they don't seem to have any complaints against them) just take the correction in stride. We just want everyone to be on the same page, and provide the same level of support :)

Edit: new ideas are always welcome to! I always seem to forget that...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When Tech Support was first given the ability to lock threads, I locked all threads with a "Last Post" of any time before 1 July 2013. At some point in the near future, I will be locking all threads with a "Last Post" of any time before 1 December 2013. This way, we can reduce the number of unrelated posts on old threads.
Early December was when the 1.6.4 capability was added to the current launcher, and the 1.6.4 mod packs were beginning to be released. It was also around this time that the previous mod packs were no longer supported (the last update to Unleashed was 11 November)

Reactions: UniZero

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
  • I've asked that Issues with Connecting thread be unstickied. It's linked in enough stickies, it doesn't warrant being stuck anymore. And there's been an absurd amount of people just posting there because "launcher doesn't work".

• Also, renamed "FTB Launcher Update&Mod Packs-What You Need to Know" to "FTB Launcher, 1.6.4 Mod Packs - Common Problems and Solutions"
    Did some cleanup on that thread. Mostly has old workarounds and solutions for the first few updates with 1.6.4 compatibility.

• Working on clearing out stickies and unneeded/legacy information until posts can be updated :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Java 7 and Mac users, announcement.

Also, be sure to check FTB Tech Support twitter account for some quick fixes.

Example: The update pushed today had a problem with one of the files. It was fixed REALLY quickly.
Problem:
Problem:
Pack doesn't launch due to HTML issue.
Original Solution: remove </br></br> from the [pack] description and set the modpacks xml file to read only
It's been fixed
<Slowpoke> its getting fixed now
[later]
<Captainnana> Yeh, its fixed now

Force Update and re-open your launcher.

If your thread has been locked, but you feel your issue was not resolved, please use the Report function on your original post and tell us your issue was not resolved.

We will only unlock threads if the original poster has reported their own thread.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing spectacular this week.
Mod pack team is making things easier with all their testing.
Still looking into the log in problems. Still no conclusive reason for occurrence.

Everyone who's helping: thank you for making everything easier :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I've asked @progwml6 again if the dev team is still aware of the persistent login issues.
To my knowledge, the problem lies with our current launcher using the old login method. As far as I am aware, this was/is planned to be updated to the new method.

All threads created regarding Invalid Log in or Username/Password issues will be locked after the usual fixes are posted.

We know it's an issue. I don't have an ETA on a fix.

Edit, update:
<progwml6|L> Ashzification: Viper-7 and i realized that the other day and are working on swapping over to using mojang's authlib

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.