Sulfur and other ore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgeus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, today i tried for the first time this beautiful mod pack, but after hours and hours of play I haven't found any Sulfur and Salpter ore.
Someone can help me?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
In my world, I've been drowning in sulfur and saltpeter. Mostly around the lower levels (around elevation 15) in a ExtremeHills Biome (I think that was the name of the biome)

I'm not sure if the biome effects the sulfur/saltpeter generation. There also happened to be a lava lake in the area too.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Sulphur and Saltpeter are biome dependant extreme hills for sulphur (around lava) and desert for saltpeter.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Wich mods incorporate sulfur and salpter ore?

GregTech implements it. These ores also seems to spawn close to the surface and in the appropriate biomes. I should also note that emeralds from vanilla spawn in extreme hills, rubys which is from GregTech, spawns in deserts, and saphires from Gregtech, does only spawn under ocean.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech implements it. These ores also seems to spawn close to the surface and in the appropriate biomes. I should also note that emeralds from vanilla spawn in extreme hills, rubys which is from GregTech, spawns in deserts, and saphires from Gregtech, does only spawn under ocean.
Not Gregtech for mineable sulphur and saltpeter they are from Railcraft, although Gregtach adds sulphur from the processing of Pyrite and Thermal Expansion adds sulphur from processing Blaze Rods and some other things, can't remember what though sorry.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, Railcraft adds the ore blocks. I've been in the same boat, I've not actually found any in over 10 test worlds that I've generated, all due to the fact the ores are level and biome specific, unlike all the other ores. They are out there, you just need to hunt for them. Get digging!

Wanted to see what my Misa Style Ore textures for them looked like in "natural" situation, and didn't learn until after a lot of flying around and chasm diving that those ores are generated differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.