Suggestion: range of block/item/entity IDs reserved for players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minethulhu

Jul 29, 2019
Re-posting this suggestion from another thread from somebody else that I updated after realizing said thread was likely in the wrong forum. Hopefully this new thread is in a more correct place...

Suggestion for the FTB Team:

Set aside a range of block/item/entity IDs that will *ONLY* be used by players that manually install/configure mods not in the FTB pack.

Advantage:

1) Players can experiment with mods knowing that the block/item/entity IDs they are choosing won't currently or in the future overlap with pack updates or new packs.
2) Players can elect to use mods that FTB Team has decided won't ever appear in FTB knowing that their worlds will be safe from block/item/entity ID issues in the future.
3) FTB Team may see reduced requests for private packs (since the above are amongst the advantages of a private pack).

NOTE: I realize different mods have different number of block/item/entity IDs consumed. I'd have to leave it up to the FTB Team to decide what is a good compromise to allow player flexibility for several outside of the pack mods without limiting the FTB pack itself from having enough block/item IDs for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.