[Suggestion] Customizable "What's new?" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
When logging into the forums, I first check the stuff from my alerts, and then I click on "What's new?". But usually, more than half of the threads are for servers and youtubers, which both don't really interest me.

So it would be nice if there was some way to block certain subforums from the "What's new?" list, e.g. a page in the profile settings, with a list of the main subforums, where you can check or uncheck them from showing up.

I have no idea if this is possible, it's just an idea, but it would greatly improve my "workflow" on these forums.

I apologize if this has already been suggested, I couldn't use the search function ("what's new" is to short/common to search for), but I've read through all 5 pages of this section and even all the threads without specific topics, e.g. Ashzifications "forum suggestion" thread etc.

Reactions: Lawbroken

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
This could also be useful to section moderators like myself.

The only way to do it at this time is to go to that section and mark it as read but that doesn't stop new posts from appearing in the What's new after that.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
And the worst offender is the promotion sections. When they where all in one place (as I said before) one click could clear out quite a few bits of, to me, spam, whereas now I've got to open more then a dozen places to mark them as read, and new posts often show up in the time that takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.