Request Stream jerks: How do you deal with them?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So while trying to stream tonight, I had some people spamming chat with reports of audio problems, and then sending me a skype conversation from someone pretending to be a twitch representitive. The website that he sent me to was obviously fake, and the fact that he was asking me for my stream key was tipoff number one that there was a problem.

The problem?
First, he was disruptive of the stream, and made it impossible for anyone else to enjoy.
Second, while the website was obviously a fraud when I saw it, my network connection went to crap immediately after I visited. Ping showed 60% dropped packets. Skype showed connections dropping, then coming back. Attempting to reload my web pages gave me "cannot find server" errors. As far as I could tell, someone was DDOS'ing my IP -- and it happened right after visiting that web site (which revealed my IP to someone). Too much coincidence.

So how do other people deal with disruptive stream viewers like this?

tigar

Jul 29, 2019
generally when people do something like that to me i just ban them of the chat and ignore any attempts at getting me to go to any sites i do not know about

Reactions: Ganjalf_The_Green