stop loading at 3rd party packs//doesnt load any packs

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Killersdaddy

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
stop loading at 3rd party packs//doesnt load any packs
Launcher Version:
1.4.3 Build: 10403
Modpack:
any
Modpack Version:
any
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
When starting FTB-launcher it loads everything until it reaches the 3rd party packs. There it says: [Fatal Error] : 2: 16367 : XML-.... there is a German info that I cant translate into english^^
Expection reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 16367; XML-...
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

Found something about Java here but I`m not sure. The launcher doesnt end the loading screen and I cant play any modpack because of that :(

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• log.png
    log.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 42

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
deleted the whole ftb folder and the launcher and redownloaded the launcher... it now starts up but when I try to launch DW20 it gives an error of

Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: =1

I'm not sure what you did to my launcher but it was working last night lol

I still get the previous error but it doesn't stop the launcher from loading now... but I tried other mod packs with the same result.

log
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/487f1b1e

EDIT: When I click on 3rd party packs it has a blue line that says wait for mods to be loaded and the console runs the same error

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
just restarted my launcher with no error... and it's loading the dw20 modpack now... weird. I did nothing it just started working...

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
Got the same error, Sieged worked strangly but not Obscurity. How did you fix it exactly? The German error means: XML documentary structures must start and end between the same entities (German, but not technically educated). Do i have to delete my folder? Should i save my savegames?

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted my whole C:ftb folder, but still not showing third party packs (Obscurity/Agrarian skies) Are there any other files ?

Mirrycle

Jul 29, 2019
Deleted entire FTB folder and FTB Launcher. Downloaded the launcher again, re-downloaded Infinity, as suggested above. Now when I try to play Infinity the console either tells me it's downloading some assets, but stops halfway through the download; or, I get this error: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

:mad:

Mirrycle

Jul 29, 2019
Well the asset download that kept being interrupted was completed, and the Unhandled exception error went away. Now I get this instead:

[main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Any ideas?

DanteDarkstar

Jul 29, 2019
For me it helped to go into launcher options (edit: and then in Advanced Options) and changing download location. Seems like the automatically selected download location (by default it's automatic) has some error in modpack list or something, and the launcher isn't smart enough to skip 3rd party modpacks and actually run with modpacks it managed to load fine, instead it just sort-of-crashes in a way that nothing works (and gives the ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exceptions).

Last edited:

Mirrycle

Jul 29, 2019
It finally works! Deleted everything to do with FTB, then started again from scratch. Asset download was still interrupted, but completed after cancel and restart. Also changed download location, which may or may not have helped

Reactions: Psychicash