Spoiler - BBcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is a reason for being disabled/not added to the forum.

The reason i ask is due to scroll through a page of error logs that can be shown/hidden by a button if they use the spoiler bbcode.

Can also come in handle while talking in other forum sections such as other games where you don't want to give away an ending of a game you could put it into the
So it doesn't show

An image what it does :
spoiler3st5.png

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I think this is needed for more than one reason, to make threads look better, to help thread load time if used, and also just makes it easier to layout your threads into sections.

Great thought, why didn't I think of this 0.0

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I never got why Kier and Mike never implemented this as a default bbcode in XenForo, personally (you might find 1 in 30 forum admins adamantly opposed enough to even want to switch it off). Definitely would be useful in support threads rather than screaming at everybody to use pastebin.

Just as a technicality eyebrow twitch of mine, though, I'll have to note to Dmark that it doesn't help thread load time at all: spoiler tags merely mask the content behind a CSS-specified barrier, you're still getting all of it. Speaking from a standpoint of marginals, it's very very slightly more data-intensive, but in the realm of a decimal point. ;)

Reactions: Meldiron

ividito

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, especially for third-party content topics, makes images and previews easier to fit in without tripling the size of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.