Some pictures of my base/machine setups/tunnel bore/etc.

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I'd share some pictures of my base and the machines that make it up. Well, the base is actually embarassing... just a simple square building. I worry more about what is inside though, lol.

screenshot.1.jpg

Everything is powered by boilers and managed by an AE system. Right now 5 HP boilers (6th boiler is running but not connected to anything) burn planks from a MFR tree farm with a diamond upgraded planter and 4x harvesters. This setup supports 6 boilers and still makes a lot of excess logs, eventually I will make it smaller and more efficient with a fertilizer, but for now it has been working well for months. IC2 power is provided by power converters located under the floor.

screenshot.2.jpg

To the left is the "tree" of steam consumers and tessaracts moving steam from the boilers. The IC2 machines are used for automated manufacturing. There are several issues I'm currently having with getting the machines to play nice with AE (mainly inputting multi-material recipes into the correct slots, such as the circuit recipes for the assembly machine). Copper/tin/electrum are produced 24/7 from centrifuging lava with the small setup at the end of the IC2 machine line. My tunnel bore runs at lower levels and therefore rarely runs across any copper.

screenshot.3.jpg

Ores that are automatically processed through a dual-head industrial grinder. The RP relays are used to allow for multiple export busses to push all the different ore types into the grinder.

In the middle is a "tree" of different TE machines. Each stack of machines has its own router that distributes materials evenly throughout the machines. The furnaces cook all of the dusts into ingots as well as handle automated manufacturing of glass, etc. and keep a surplus of charcoal for the RC blast furnace. The export busses are controlled through redstone signals that turn off the busses when the desired limit is reached (for logs, charcoal, etc). Sawmills are obviously used for producing planks, and a stack of pulverizers faces the industrial blast furnace that are used for producing sand, crushed obsidian, etc. A single induction smelter on top of the stack is used for automatically producing hardened glass.

screenshot.4.jpg

Deep storage units are used to keep the extremely large quantities of planks (limited at 10m), sawdust, saplings, cobble, logs, dirt, and gravel. All of the remaining items are stored in 16k ME storage cells housed in 2x ME drives. I have nearly every single item (short of some tools) stored inside this setup and it is still not remotely close to being full or using up all of the item types.

screenshot.5.jpg

In the middle is a simple battery charging system is used to keep charged RP batteries flowing to the tunnel bore through a ender chest, and charging the dead ones. Several solar panels line the outside of the base and provide enough power for my needs. When I want to disable the tunnel bore, I simply turn off the timer that controls the charger and it will stop shortly after it runs out of battery power.

On the right edge is the ender chest that all of the items that the tunnel bore mines are extracted from. ME import busses were not fast enough to keep up with all of the incoming items, so a router with a speed upgrade and ejector quickly extracts all of the items and inserts them into an ME interface.

screenshot.6.jpg

This little tower turns all of the tiny piles of dusts into large piles that can be cooked into ingots. RP relays were used due to an odd looping issue experienced with the ME busses and the GT machine (I forget the name of this one). Connected to the ME interface on the bottom is a cobblestone generator (keeps the magma crucibles running) and two item tessaracts used in conjunction with a BC quarry that is not really used any more.

screenshot.7.jpg

A closer view of the TE machine tower.

screenshot.8.jpg

A closer view of the industrial grinder setup.

screenshot.9.jpg

Located just outside the base is a mob grinder that uses fall damage in conjunction with 4 MFR grinders to kill zombies and skeletons produced by their respective tier 5 soul shards. When the tank fills with mob essence, the soul shards are automatically shut off. Currently all of the mob products are incinerated. An MFR auto enchanter is located inside and draws essence from the tank for enchanting books, tools, etc.

screenshot.10.jpg

I'm slowly venturing into bees... automated apiaries are currently cycling some low-tier bees. Products are sent into the AE system. Excess drones are currently shoved into a chest, eventually they will be guided into a machine to turn them into liquid DNA. The diamond pipe attempts to place the all the bees back into the apiaries, once the drone slot fills completely up, it tries, fails, and then ejects the excess drones into the iron pipe above it, which directs the drones to storage. I preferred not to have excess pipes and digging underground, so this was the cleanest setup I could figure out to handle excess drones. The only downside is the apiaries do have to fill completely with drones (64) before you will start getting any excess drones sent out.

screenshot.11.jpg

Here is my tunnel bore, it is 9x9. It originally started as a 27x27 machine, but it was not fast enough to be able to bore through lava and water. So, after getting it stuck in the middle of a pit, I had to cut out the center section and decided to make it a smaller 9x9 bore. I believe it is centered around or just above layer 12. The "hood" above it was my lazy was of making sure that any lava and water does not touch the exposed components and cause the bore to get stuck.

screenshot.12.jpg

Another view of the bore.

screenshot.13.jpg

Lastly, here is the MFR tree farm. You can see the remnants of the old stevescarts farm and old base I used to have.

I know its all a little messy and unorganized, but I'm still having a lot of fun playing in my Ultimate 1.4.7 world. Just thought I'd share some of my setups.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
sweet.
quick bee tip: get up to the industrious/imperial ASAP.
that lets you get the alveary, which will REALLY help with further bee exploration- the output of one of those puts your entire apiary line to shame.
for liquid DNA, a wintery bee w/ 4x will help that out a lot- tons of excess drones.

hows that bore work?