Some how-to videos

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I've gotten a few question over the last week on IRC about doing some basic server setup. So, in response, I've created videos that give some basic guidelines on setting up and running an FTB server. The first video shows how to download FTB to your server and get it running along with a few tips. The second video shows how to install Fihgu's mods as well as LogisticsPipes to show an example of adding mods to the FTB pack/server.

The only assumptions made in the video are that you have a VPS setup with remote SSH support. I'll be taking any additional video requests as well as general feedback in this thread. Cheers.

Setup FTB server
Install additional Mods

JMan543

Jul 29, 2019
Nice videos, gave them both a view and a like. Could've used them a couple weeks ago.:)

Possible topic for future video: backing up/updating your FTB server.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Nice videos, gave them both a view and a like. Could've used them a couple weeks ago.:)

Possible topic for future video: backing up/updating your FTB server.

Thanks, I will try to see if I can include those in the next video :)

Pyrotemplar

Jul 29, 2019
looks good, also good topic would be how to modify some mods and config files to remove items and change the way things work.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have updated the first video (installing the server) with a higher quality and easier to understand tutorial. I also show how to install Java in the latest version. I will be updating the other video as well as adding a few more requested videos within the next day or so.