[SOLVED] Millions of deadend's while trying to host a server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

UnsocialGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Millions of deadend's while trying to host a server
Launcher Version:
Feed The Beast Launcher 1.4.7
Modpack:
EPiCCRAFT
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
OK, So I have been running into many dead-ends whilst trying to set up this server

The first error having to do with (I believe...) not enough RAM being used to start the server
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Users\████\Desktop\Games\Minecraft\Servers\EPiCCraft Server\GAH>java -Xms2048
m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxHeapSize=128m -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar nogui
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m; support was r
emoved in 8.0
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

C:\Users\████\Desktop\Games\Minecraft\Servers\EPiCCraft Server\GAH>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second error after editing the ServerStart.bat file to give it more RAM:
C:\Users\████\Desktop\Games\Minecraft\Servers\EPiCCraft Server>java -Xms3G -Xmx4
G -XX:MaxHeapSize=128m -jar epiccraft.jar nogui
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4G
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

C:\Users\████\Desktop\Games\Minecraft\Servers\EPiCCraft Server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
I also have 16GB of RAM on this computer...soooo...

This one I believe has to do with a mod that is a later version of minecraft , and I replaced the newer version with the 1.6.4 version, and that gave me that server loop tick thing...

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b7a9a54c

SOLVED:D

(I somehow got past the RAM issue before but more errors came up about something with the "Server loop tick", Unfortunately I do not have those crash reports so these are all I have to show.)
(Edit: Found the third bug)

Last edited:

UnsocialGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Java has been acting very strange for some reason. I had two versions of Java and one was 32 and the other 64, I uninstalled the 32 and reinstalled the 64 one, And I believe doing that did fix that problem...unfortunately another problem came up
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ForgeMicroblock{1.0.0.244} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-universal
-1.6.4-1.0.0.244.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
2015-05-10 21:14:54 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captur
ed during this phase

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler i
n thread "Listen thread"
2015-05-10 21:14:55 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Stopping server
2015-05-10 21:14:55 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving worlds

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler i
n thread "Server thread"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OutofMemory...
Im giving it about 4GB's of RAM

This is the .BAT
-----
java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:MaxHeapSize=5G -jar epiccraft.jar
pause
-----

*dies of technological outsmarteryness*

(But thx for fixing the first problem)

UnsocialGamer

Jul 29, 2019
AAAAAAH, IT WORKSSSS!!!!