Unix [Solved] How do I record FTB with GLC-Capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruznik40

Jul 29, 2019
After successfully recording vanilla Minecraft with GLC-Capture, I was ecstatic to start recording FTB videos. Sadly I can't appear to get it working. I was hoping someone here knows more about it.

From what I can tell, it works for vanilla, because the game does start and waits for login info. which means GLC found the application it is going to capture. FTB on the other hand, must use a custom startup sequence and that the game is launched separately, after the launcher.

Is there a way for me to directly launch FTB from the command line? Even if I have to create my own startup script?

Cruznik40

Jul 29, 2019
It should work with MultiMC.
Not quiet. GLC-Capture will launch the opengl program itself, as in it will be in the same command line.
MultiMC does allows commands to activated before and after launching mindcraft. It also means I would have to build my own FTB instance. Sorry but manually coping FTB updates would be too much.

Sadly GLC-Capture must be what launches mindcraft. It works with vanilla Minecraft, as the launcher and the game itself run from the same instance. To me, it looks like the ftb launcher is for updates and settings only. Then it will launch the game, when ready.

So what I'm asking, is there an executable that I can use to directly launch an FTB instance, without the launcher?
OR
Does anyone know of an alternative equal/better to GLC-Capture?

THUNDERGROOVE

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if you'd have any luck invoking the MultiMCLauncher.jar that is located in each instances "minecraft" folder. I know the you can invoke it like:
Code:
java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -jar MultiMCLauncher.jar  <username> <session ID> "MultiMC: FTB - Ultimate Pack" "854x480"

Although, you would have to pass it a proper session ID with a matching username

EDIT: Just realized you're avoiding MultiMC Hehe I was eating, but I'll do some research for you!

Cruznik40

Jul 29, 2019
Got it working with the normal ftb launcher, I've yet to try again with the MultiMC Launcher.
I just had to remove the -s option, that starts recording right away and changed the start/stop record key to F6, as Minecraft uses F8 for cinematic mode.
Code:
glc-capture -k F6 -n -o ~/Desktop/minecraftFTB.glc $launchcommand
Thanks for looking into this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.