[Solved] FTB Infinity Evolved Tick Rate Lag (client)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

deathangelkiller

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
[Solved]FTB Infinity Evolved Tick Rate Lag (client)
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I have massive tick usage (80%) which is causing massive lag. It is pretty much unplayable. It gets triggered when I start building my mob spawner (it's at y-200), so when I am high up. It seems to only happen when I am above my ocean biome, but I could be wrong on this. Here is a link to some screens of the issue. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4mzsrl46s3dwj1c/AABQ-IIIdh7Twln77TxSwJDza?dl=0 It looks like it is caused by particles in root.tick (root.tick.particles) as it goes to 80+% of the root.tick usage. I really don't know what would cause this. I turned off all particles etc. Also, this was happening before Optifine was installed I installed Optifine to see if it fixed anything. Which it didn't. None of its optimization things helped.
These are my java parameters:
-Xms4096m -XX:permSize=128m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc -XX:parallelGCThreads=8
I set my allocated ram to 4gigs, I had it at 12gigs and it was still doing it.

System:
CPU - Fx-8320 @ 4ghz
GPU - R9 290 (main), R7 240 (secondary) not in crossfire
RAM - 24gigs (16 avg free)
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Display Res - 2560 x 1080

Thanks for your help!
Here are two support posts that have the exact same problem:
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/t...-causing-server-and-clientside-problems/12708
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/t/unusual-root-tick-lag/23813

Edit:
I tried disabling all graphics options and it changed nothing. I tried running minecraft on a server on my local machine then connecting from there and nothing changed. I cheated in some flying stuff to look around for anything that may be causing lag and found nothing except a slime island that had 2 slimes on it so that wasn't the cause. I tried various java parameters and got no change.

Solution:
It is caused by squid spawns, disable squid spawns some way. I used ender.io config to do it.

Last edited:

deathangelkiller

Jul 29, 2019
So the problem is caused by squid. Disable squid somehow and it fixes it. I used ender.io to disable squid (config option).