[Solved] Crash on loading screen

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

GodMozos

Jul 29, 2019
Title Crash on loading screen

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack FTB Infinity Evolved

Modpack version 2.6.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/cecd57b5

Details of the issue The game was working just fine until yesterday where it refused to start. I tried every thing I could think of to fix it, from a from profile install to a fresh java install, and every thing google had to say about it, nothing worked. I don't know what to do anymore.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Allocate more memory to Minecraft.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Did you do something to modify the java parameters? Unfortunately the logs don't show what you used to launch java with. But it looks like something is off with them.

GodMozos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the curse app to launch the game and those are my parameters:
Code:
-Xmx4096m -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=256m -Dminecraft.applet.TargetDirectory="C:\Users\math-\AppData\Roaming\Curse Minecraft\Instances\FTB Infinity Evolved" -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true

Edit: As far as I know, those are the default parameters, at least for curse launcher.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
JVM Flags: 5 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx6144m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m -Xmx512M
There is an extra -Xmx argument setting max memory to 512M, you have a system variable setting it to that. Remove it and it should work, https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml