[Solved]Can't launch any 1.7 modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Derpos4222222

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't launch any 1.7 modpacks
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
all 1.7 packs
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hello, I can't launch any 1.7.10 modpack, I've tried redownloading ftb, deleting the ftb folder, forcing update but nothing helped, please help :)

Derpos4222222

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guide me through this? I'm not a tech guy :p

edit: my english is pretty bad as well :p

Last edited:

DiamondQ2

Jul 29, 2019
The underlying problem is that the FTB launcher is attempting to upgrade / download the mod pack and it's failing.
When the pack is initially started, it contains an older version of the Google Guava libraries (likely 14.0 or 15.0). The pack attempts to connect to a website (cursecdn) to download the list of files to update (the 1.7.0.json file). The website wasn't working. The launcher then attempts to run without it. Unfortunately, the Forge Mod Loader (FML) was updated, and attempts to use some functionality from a newer version of the Guava libraries (originally provided in 16.0). Since that's not there (it's still running the old one), it fails.
This looks like a temporary failure of the Curse website, and most likely, if you just run it again, it should work.

However, you can try to bypass it by manually downloading the file http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/static/mcjsons/versions/1.7.10/1.7.10.json and copying it into your <ftb>/versions/1.7.10 folder (where <ftb> is wherever you've installed the FTB Launcher). The only problem with this process is that it still needs to download additional files, so if the cursecdn is still down, it's still going to fail, but just on the next file. However, it's possible that your copy has been corrupted, so this might fix it.

Reactions: jikuja

Misora27

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same or a similar problem. I'm not sure how to open/edit a .json file or how to incorporate jikuja's solution link in order to change the version file.
In addition to this, I've been experiencing the highly annoying "Error downloading the assets" problem and have tried every fix I can think of, look up, or get my hands on, to no avail. The only work-around I've found is to literally disconnect from the internet and open the pack offline, then reconnect once Minecraft is loading in order to play the Regrowth pack with my husband on our server. I can't even do this if it keeps crashing back to the launcher before Minecraft can boot.

Misora27

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok, my Windows 8 was being silly. I figured out how to open the .json and change it (dunno why windows couldn't just clearly state you could use notepad. lol).
As for my other issues....

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
The underlying problem is that the FTB launcher is attempting to upgrade / download the mod pack and it's failing.

Even more technical explanation: We are not yet sure if problem is caused by cloudflare blocking HEAD requests from IPs with high threat score or is the blocking done by ISPs'/governments' firewalls or is it users' firewall which is blocking HEAD requests. Anyway that's really stupid behaviour from firewalls to block HEAD request.

This problem is PITA to debug, almost impossible to reproduce by launcher team :(

Reactions: Misora27