Slow game loading time

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
D

darkspear356

Title:
Slow game loading time
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
My friend wants to play FTB Infinity with me, but it takes 30+ minutes to load the game on his PC which is a ton better than mine but I still load up in the same amount of time he does. He spent good money on his PC but is frustrated it takes so long. How can he speed up his loading times?

Here are the specs:
Intel i7-4770k 3.50GHz
nvidia GTX-780
16GBs ram

I do believe he has an SSD but I'm not sure if he's running FTB from it or not.

kjdandferb

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same problem with loading the game. Though usually for me the game crashes after more then 50 minutes of it loading.

the specs of my machine are:

Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Here is the Log URL:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/56c88ea2

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
I am having the same problem with loading the game. Though usually for me the game crashes after more then 50 minutes of it loading.

How do you know it is same problem. At least I don't know OP's problem because he did not give log.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Anyway two simple fixes for slow startup:
1. Allocate 3-4 GB memory for MC. (Make sure you have at least amount of the allocated RAM free when your start MC)
2. Do not use Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

kjdandferb

Jul 29, 2019
How do you know it is same problem. At least I don't know OP's problem because he did not give log.
Well it may or may not be the same error, if there is any error, however it has the same result of taking 30 minutes or more for the game to load. That is a major difference when any of the other mod packs only take an average of 5 minutes or less to load.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@kjdandferb You may want to look at using some other machine for Infinity. A 1.4 GHz processor isn't enough. Modded minecraft is extremely CPU intensive. My machine is 3.4 GHz and I have lag spikes with it from time to time.