Skyrim

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
One of the reasons that I'm still playing minecraft is because of the mods. Skyrim has some awsome mods too, as well as the other games in the Elder Scrolls series. Add 1 or 2 mods and its like a whole new game. Get tired of them, then add a few more mods. + the mods are by the people playing the game, not the ones selling it, which makes me appreceate the mods so much more. I did get the Dawnguard and Hearthfire add-ons and I will get the new Dragonborn add-on the day it comes out but thanks to the wonderful gaming community, some of the best things in games are free.

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Skyrim and Minecraft mods are amazing, it just shows how much time people put into things they love even though they get nothing for it. And I can't wait for Dragonborn! :D

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's why morrowind is still my fav out of all the TES series, due to mods (and the mods I made for it too!)

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
By Zamorak! I just saw the trailer for Dragonborn! Mount dragons??

Right.. where is my wallet and tell me when's the expansion coming..

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
On the Morrowind nexus there are barely any mods :( is there another website or something?

Hmm, yeah. Morrowind- Nexus came online a bit late, so there aren't really much people bothering to upload things there. Most is spread over tons of different sites on the internet. moddb.com is another good source for some mods. I really can recommend the following one:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth
(or for Morrowind mods in general: http://www.moddb.com/games/morrowind)

I still have saved alot of links for all kind of mods. If anyone is interested, just gimme a Pm, I don't want to spam the whole Skyrim- thread with Morrowind related links.

And yeah, I'm quite hyped for the Dragonborn- addon. Back to Solstheim, like in the good old times. I wonder what Raven Rock and Fort Frostmoth will look like 200 years after the Morrowind- part. :D

Greetings,
Linte

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah apparently you can see the red mountain as well. And Bull Netches and I can't wait to get my hands on some Redoran armour

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
Will anyone be starting a whole new charicter when the Dragonborn expansion pack comes out? I started a new game in preporation of it. + I havent' done the vampire side of the Dawnguard missions so i'll do that too.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
You know I'm probably one of the few people that have not played Skyrim. I played Fallout and felt they fell too far from the roots. Storyline wasn't as enthralling as I would have liked. Does the same apply to Skyrim? For RPGs storyline is key for me.

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
you could put in a ton of hours and not even follow any story line (picking flowers for alcamy, hunting, gardening, ect). Each faction (Dark Brotherhood [assassins], Theives Guild, College of Winterhold [mages], and The Companions [fighters]has their own story though if you want to do the quests. I'd say the story lines are pretty good in each one. If you haven't played an Elder Scrolls game I highly recamend it. You could probably get Oblivion Game of the Year for $20 to see if you like the setting.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
You know I'm probably one of the few people that have not played Skyrim. I played Fallout and felt they fell too far from the roots. Storyline wasn't as enthralling as I would have liked. Does the same apply to Skyrim? For RPGs storyline is key for me.
If you are going for story, then go for oblivion. It is WAY more story-heavy then skyrim ever was. The fact that I became the guild master of the fighters guild in less than 2 days should tell you how minimal the story is.
Skyrim somehow progresses more agressively story-wise. But that is just my opinion, I'm sure someone is bound to disagree with me on this.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
I still think the main thing about the Skyrim- stories is what you make out of them by yourself. I had a lot of fun to wrap the storylines of the main & sidequests around my argonian beggar. If you just want to flow with the quests and want to get stories told, then Skyrim isn't a good choice in my opinion. But yeah, TES- games are what youself make out of them. (I didnt play any of the dlc's so far, so I don't know how storytelling is handled there or how "good" the story is in general)

Games such as Mass Effect, The Witcher, Baldurs Gate and so on are like finished books.
Games like Fallout, Stalker, Dark Souls and Skyrim are like books you write by yourself.

Thats my view at least. :D

Greetings,
Linte

Reactions: Odenite

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Linte, I kinda disagree with you in one point; I believe BG and Fallout are both very very similar. Both had very in-depth side quests for you to choose from. In both games you could either follow the main story line or just freely travel about the map. Same with IWD, Arcanum of Steamworks, among others.

EDIT: And I suppose Skyrim and FO3 are the same in that regard, but their main story lines just aren't as compelling when compared to BG, FO 1+2, and the others above. But maybe that's the problem, they shouldn't be compared :D

Dowly

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing TES:Arena the other day (started TES with Morrowind back in the day), planning to go through all of them as the same character.
Must say, even if the gameplay is pretty darn simple in Arena, I'm enjoying it greatly. :)

As for Skyrim, while I do enjoy playing it, I have to say they should've done the story much better. As it is, you are the Dragonborn from the very beginning, yet the world doesnt really react to you being one. Would've been better if the whole Dragonborn stuff would have opened up gradually throughout the story. At first, there's a suspicion that you might be the DB and as more pieces are put together it becomes clearer and clearer that you are the DB, and the world would start to react to that with something bit more than the generic "Are you really the Dragonborn?" you got now.

Like in Oblivion for example, once you played through the story, everyone recognized you and guards would overlook some of the crimes you did because of what you had done for Cyrodiil. Not a great reward, but at least something.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to find some time for more Skyrim, but lately all my scant gaming time has gone to FTB :D I still haven't finished Dawnguard :p

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
I started my new character for the dragonborn add-on but it randomly crashes to desktop anytime i have a loading screen. This happens all the time once i progress far enough. :(