Skyfactory 3 server ram issues

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

rixxor

Title Skyfactory 3 server ram issues

Launcher Type

Modpack Skyfactory

Modpack version 3

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Hi, let me just start with that i have run some servers on my computer before and been able to allocate more ram to the server...

The problem that i currently have is to just allocate more ram to the server. I have looked in serversettings.bat and serverstart.bat and i cannot find were the setting for ram is.

Last edited by a moderator:

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
You can probably just Google a server bat file and copy the part that adds the java shortcut if it isn't in it and the min and max ram. If it is anything like it used to be it should be the same type of thing as min and max ram in JVM arguments

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

X

xxtakuraxx

its the settings.bat file in the main folder that needs to be edited.

should edit this part:

rem can be changed by user
set MIN_RAM=512M
set MAX_RAM=3072M
set PERMGEN_SIZE=256M
set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I meant but I haven't done servers in ages so I didn't know how much bat files changed since like 1.4 ish

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk