SkyFactory 2.5 crashing

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
P

Plasmo321

Title SkyFactory 2.5 crashing

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Skyfactory 2.5.6

Modpack version 2.5.6

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/9DvKkES6

Details of the issue I've been playing skyfactory 2.5 for a couple days now. Its been running BEAUTIFULLY. Until today I decided I needed more dirt so I vein mine my trees with a hammer to get wood chippings to decompose. Ever since I did that my game has been crashing within not even 5 mins of playing.

My PC specs are:
NVIDIA GTX960m
intel i76700 2.60GHz (quad core)
8G ram

I have managed to delete the items from my inventory and remove them entirely but now any action I take such as opening my chests the game freezes for 5 seconds then crashes.

MODIFICATIONS:
Changed vein miner config
Added optifine HD_U_D6
Added magneticraft

Since those changes nothing has gone wrong. The vein miner config I just transferred from another 1.7.10 modpack and had nothing wrong with that config. That isnt the issue.

Optifine and magneticraft have had zero issues since installed. It all began once I got an abundant amount of the wood chippings.

Here are my options and optifine Options: http://pastebin.com/SJWBXK9T

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Plasmo321

UPDATE/FIX: Simply turn off AutoRefill from the InvTweaks config file. Or delete the config for InvTweaks and let it reload once you startup the game. That should fix it. It fixed it for me.

P

Plasmo321

Optifine is not recommended for any FTB pack. Unless you desperatly need it I suggest removing it.
Why not? I always use optifine in every modpack I play. I simply disabled dualhotbar and infinite inventory. I don't have any issues at all.

P

Plasmo321

Can anybody read crash reports? Ill remove optifine if I have to but I really want it .

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/XtFbwFVF

I removed optifine and I have no issues at all. Thanks for that tip I would honestly never have figured it was optifine. Im pretty bummed out I cant have it because I use the zoom feature at least 50 times a minute so im not used to not having it. Any other mods that have a similar feature?

Without optifine I only get around 60-100 fps. WITH optifine I would get up to around 190-210

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Can anybody read crash reports? Ill remove optifine if I have to but I really want it .

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/XtFbwFVF

I removed optifine and I have no issues at all. Thanks for that tip I would honestly never have figured it was optifine. Im pretty bummed out I cant have it because I use the zoom feature at least 50 times a minute so im not used to not having it. Any other mods that have a similar feature?

Without optifine I only get around 60-100 fps. WITH optifine I would get up to around 190-210

60fps is enough though. I have mine capped at 60fps as you don't need any more for smooth gameplay.

P

Plasmo321

60fps is enough though. I have mine capped at 60fps as you don't need any more for smooth gameplay.
Not without optifine. I cap at 60 but its still choppy as if its 20. I prefer smooth gameplay. Any optifine replacements?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Not without optifine. I cap at 60 but its still choppy as if its 20. I prefer smooth gameplay. Any optifine replacements?

Only the one that comes with the packs. It is because optifine causes rendering issues amongst other things. Also if you crash and optifine is present the first thing people will do is tell you to remove it.

You said you get 60 to 100ps without optifine which is fine.

P

Plasmo321

Im good now. HOWEVER, (note I dont have optifine I unstialled it quite a few days ago) I re log and my ENTIRE world and everything I built is gone. No blocks at all. I set a warp to the nether so just to make sure I wasnt glitching I warp to the nether and everything there is perfectly fine. Once I enter the netherportal back home the only blocks in the overworld is the nether portal. Is there a way to recover my world? I didnt re log again because I dont want it to save.