Shock Absorber

philomelus

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get a piece of coal to turn into a void crystal to empower to make the shock absorber?

Shock Absorber is from objective 5.
Coal is rewarded after objective 6.

Catch 22?

Hmm. Or maybe the objectives don't have to be done in order? I can make the biofuel already (had to for earlier objective), so can I complete objective 6 before 5?

I'm stuck. I searched the forums and the 'net and couldn't find anything about this. Used JEI, and at one point I did find that charcoal could be used instead of coal for an earlier objective, but the Atomic Reconstructor doesn't do anything with coal, and JEI doesn't show any way to convert charcoal to coal.

philomelus

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get a piece of coal to turn into a void crystal to empower to make the shock absorber?

OK, I figured out a possible way ... You can use 8 skulls and an egg to create a wither skelaton egg. If you kill enough wither skelaton's, you will eventually get a piece of coal.

Is that really how it should be done?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I figured out a possible way ... You can use 8 skulls and an egg to create a wither skelaton egg. If you kill enough wither skelaton's, you will eventually get a piece of coal.

Is that really how it should be done?

EDIT: #4 IC2 Induction Furnace gives you black quartz as a reward.

Oops - sorry mixed up the black quartz with the void crystal.

Pretty sure you can complete them in any order you like

It would be good to get confirmation on that. I seem to remember you could only do things in strict order on the original map, but it's not clear on this one.

Last edited:

philomelus

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed. I just made the 50 buckets of biomass and put it in the black hole tank and the rewards showed up in the chest. Still haven't completed the previous objective.

K

kiran

You can do whatever challenge you want/can. There is no order which you have to do.
The only limiting factor is you need some reward so you can do another challenge.

T

Tereus

@philomelus if you ask someone nicely they will be glad to put all the Quests in a "Progressive" order.
And you dont need to complete a quest to get some rewards. Sadly it's not coal