Share, wolf: Villagers vs. Zombies! [Signup Thread]

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Clarification- The Railcraft Villager's "snippets" will be anonymous messages, or parts of messages, from player convos.

Example:
Shazam! Hey. I, Dinkatron, am a seer. I checked you last night and found that you were another seer. What are the odds, right? Wanna hang out?
or
I checked you last night and found that you were another seer. What are the odds, right? Wanna hang out?
or even
Shazam! Hey. [...] I checked you last night and found that you were another seer. What are the odds, right? Wanna hang out?

The game will start Saturday, and the first day will end Sunday 3/13 at 11PM EST (check OP for conversions). Please be advised that Daylight Savings Time takes effect early Sunday morning, so Day 1 will be an hour shorter than normal. I'll start at least an hour early on Saturday to compensate for this.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Clarification- The Railcraft Villager's "snippets" will be anonymous messages, or parts of messages, from player convos.

Example:

or

or even

The game will start Saturday, and the first day will end Sunday 3/13 at 11PM EST (check OP for conversions). Please be advised that Daylight Savings Time takes effect early Sunday morning, so Day 1 will be an hour shorter than normal. I'll start at least an hour early on Saturday to compensate for this.
And you just get to pick and choose what snippets ppl get? :p

At some point we need to devise some sorta algorithm to randomly get these snippets so that the GMs cant elect to mess with the game I'm thinkin.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
And you just get to pick and choose what snippets ppl get? :p

At some point we need to devise some sorta algorithm to randomly get these snippets so that the GMs cant elect to mess with the game I'm thinkin.
Something told me I'd hear about this. :p

Spy roles are hard to do well. I had a system for it in Ayrewolf, but it was a) overcomplicated and b) often returned useless information to the player. With so many convos flying around, the odds of randomly picking a useful message are usually pretty slim.

If you have any ideas, though, lay 'em on me. Maybe someone solved this problem in an old game.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
From Ayrewolf:
Bond- Each night, may read one message from any conversation (except role and wolf). Bond picks this message himself (hooray!) by telling the GM: (Player, Convo number (based on the order in which they were created), Page number, Message number). If Bond picks a number too high for any of the parameters, it will be rounded down to the highest available one.
And the messages returned during gameplay:
playerismc said:
Ok. I'm the Montoya and I protected you for this night. So, If I die tomorrow, you'll die too. Just to make sure.
ljfa said:
What's up, Wolfy-san? I just wanted to ask if you have any lists of informations or anything?

I mean... Maybe it would work? It's a little better than I remembered.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Idea: The spy has 3 "bugs" which he can put into any player. He can change his targets daily, changing which messages he receives.

Those bugs will relay all messages those players send and receive, however due to distance shenanigans, the spy won't able to know who is sending a message to the player that is bugged.
For example if shazam is bugged and vikestep sends a message to shazam, only the message text will be relayed. However shazam's replies to vikestep will be fully relayed (shazam said "X").
If any of those players are a wolf, they will be notified that they got bugged. The wolf convo will not be revealed.

Reactions: Lethosos and Pyure

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad. Keeping track of convo order would suck horrible though :\
Not really. It goes by date created, so you filter your Conversations down to the target player and pick the convo at x point on the list. "Pyure 3 2 1" returns the 1st message on the 2nd page in Pyure's 3rd convo.
Idea: The spy has 3 "bugs" which he can put into any player. He can change his targets daily, changing which messages he receives.

Those bugs will relay all messages those players send and receive, however due to distance shenanigans, the spy won't able to know who is sending a message to the player that is bugged.
For example if shazam is bugged and vikestep sends a message to shazam, only the message text will be relayed. However shazam's replies to vikestep will be fully relayed (shazam said "X").
If any of those players are a wolf, they will be notified that they got bugged. The wolf convo will not be revealed.
I like the idea, but it might be a little overpowered for what the Railcraft Is doing here. Hearing all messages a player sends and receives is a pretty be step up from a message a night.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019

I may actually switch the Intelligence Network trait from seer to this instead. Will consider making it a Coalition power (activates only if in a convo with 2 or more other players.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Executive decision: Railcraft will stay the way it is now. I'm still on the fence about the solutions here, and I'm not super comfortable swapping out another GM's role for one of mine. Next time I have a spy role, though, Bond's up.

Preparations commencing!