SEUS compatible with FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
I've used SEUS (Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shader) for quite a while now, but I've always had problems using it with mod packs that have launchers (Tekkit, FTB). I was wondering if someone with a bit of knowledge knows how to install it to work with FTB. I've tried doing it the normal way and even rigging it up as a JAR mod to put into my FTB modpack, but both methods do not work.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...l-shaders-dynamic-shadows-more/#entry11930313

That is the thread for SEUS, and...

That is a video for the 1.4.2 version.

If someone with a bit of modding knowledge could help me out, I'd love to have this mod while playing minecraft!

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Select the modpack you want to add it to. Press edit mods. Select the jar mods tab. Press add mod. Choose the file you downloaded and it should work. If it doesn't put your crash log here and make sure you use a 1.4.2 version and not. 1.4.4 version and that it's compatible with the version of forge currently used by ftb.

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there isn't a crash log. It just loads normally. No bugs, errors or anything. I don't know if it's compatible with forge, but shouldn't a manual install work?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Installing it manually may work but it would probaby be best not to. If you think it's not loading make sure you have optifine installed and check the log to see if it tries to load. The thread also say 1.2.5 are you sure it's updated for 1.4?

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I've DLed it via the installer on a vanilla minecraft client (1.4.2) and it worked perfectly. The current version is found in the description of that video. Thing is, if I try to do the same to the FTB's minecraft client, it doesn't do anything.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on mac so I can't install it but you may be able to use the installer then replace the bin and resources folder in the ftb client and try it, I kindof doubt this will work but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work you could find all the files it changes and compress them into a zip and put it in the jar mods section of the launcher with optifine but that would take awhile. Otherwise I have no idea.

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's awesome to know it works. Problem is, I'm still doing something wrong. I've made a new FTB client install, followed the steps, but it still does not work. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, as it is my first time using MultiMC.

I would hate to ask for a video, but that would be the easiest way to me to understand how to do it.

EpicG

Jul 29, 2019
Ill see if I can get to that later today because unfortunately I have to go to school shortly. Until then, in your ftb modpack editor install the base glsl shaders files and optifine in the jar files section of it. Being the glsl shaders part is in the jar section you would be able to toggle the shaders on and off just by restarting minecraft.

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
Aha! I've gotten it to load finally. It's bright as hell, but it works.

Though on my console, I'm getting this error that keeps occurring.

########## GL ERROR ##########
15:12:21 [INFO] net.ftb.gui.LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:63 2012-11-19 10:12:21 [INFO] [STDOUT] @ Post render
15:12:21 [INFO] net.ftb.gui.LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:63 2012-11-19 10:12:21 [INFO] [STDOUT] 1282: Invalid operation
15:12:21 [INFO] net.ftb.gui.LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:63 2012-11-19 10:12:21 [INFO] [STDOUT]

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
I put the glsl shaders and optifine in the jar section of the launcher, and also put the shaders folder in the minecraft.jar that the FTB modpack runs off of.

To add, I've used that texture pack linked, but it turns water purple and items/NPCs are still extremely bright.

EpicG

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed the bright as hell part by putting that mixture of texturepack files into the jar, that should lower the brightness. Still have yet to find a cause (and solution) to the errors.

Miaou

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the light levels are better, but it still has random bugs.

One of the bugs is that error message I posted earlier that floods the console. I'm also seeing my cursor flash on the crosshair while playing, and it randomly opens the options menu. I've also had the entire client crash when I pressed "E", without giving a message or anything in the console.

EpicG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the light levels are better, but it still has random bugs.

One of the bugs is that error message I posted earlier that floods the console. I'm also seeing my cursor flash on the crosshair while playing, and it randomly opens the options menu. I've also had the entire client crash when I pressed "E", without giving a message or anything in the console.

yea, the flashing cursor is fix for me by going into full screen but I don't know about the others. Hopefully there is a solution to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.