Serverdownload not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Wait for the server to come back up?
If the server is down the server is down.
Little that can be done about it.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Wait for the server to come back up?
If the server is down the server is down.
Little that can be done about it.
Sick of repeating myself, THE SERVER IS NOT DOWN

I spent 10 minutes with capn, and we found out the issue was something with the CSS and the naming of the download. The server version is available for download from the main site again. I am going to have to kill the next person that says the download server is down.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Then kill the server for giving out 503 errors since that means it's eigther down or overloaded. Which for all practical purposes is the same thing.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i linked one of those direct links myself on the previous page, and probably works great now, but there are major issues even with the direct links from time to time.
And when someone (mistersam) gets a 503 error on a direct link then i don't see how that can be explained in any other way then that the servers where down at some point in time. Or when other rapports that direct downloads trough their browser gets stopped every single time before it finishes.
Even creeperhost themselves have repported several issues, and they are doing an excelent job of fixing them.
There is something funky going on with the servers whether you like it or not.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i linked one of those direct links myself on the previous page, and probably works great now, but there are major issues even with the direct links from time to time.
And when someone (mistersam) gets a 503 error on a direct link then i don't see how that can be explained in any other way then that the servers where down at some point in time. Or when other rapports that direct downloads trough their browser gets stopped every single time before it finishes.
Even creeperhost themselves have repported several issues, and they are doing an excelent job of fixing them.
There is something funky going on with the servers whether you like it or not.
Hello, I think I've found where the confusion is, as of right now the server is not down or providing any issues.

Approximately 17/18 hours ago, that is another story, YES the repo was down back then, however that was due to the second repo server not being up (confusion between some administrators and CH), however the second repo is now online and those issues should never occur again. It was because when it became peak time the server couldn't handle it without the help of it's repo 2.

I apologise, as now I can see where the confusion has come from.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that makes a lot more sense, thought you ment it hadn't been down at all and i couldn't make sence of it at all. And apologies for not noticing that you were part of the crew. You guys are doing a great job tbh and i didn't mean to cause yet another annoyance among the houndreds you guys must be getting every day.

This is a bit OT for this thread i guess, but i've got to ask since you'r the first person i've seen here that actualy seem to have some information on the FTB servers and knowledge about servers in general. Do you have any idea what causes the mod zip file to stop downloading before it's finished for some people? It makes absolutely no sense to me that a download trough the browser should stop before finishing every single time. I haven't experienced that problem myself, but i've seen many other people rapport that their browser downloads just keep stopping halfway day after day after day.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that makes a lot more sense, thought you ment it hadn't been down at all and i couldn't make sence of it at all. And apologies for not noticing that you were part of the crew. You guys are doing a great job tbh and i didn't mean to cause yet another annoyance among the houndreds you guys must be getting every day.

This is a bit OT for this thread i guess, but i've got to ask since you'r the first person i've seen here that actualy seem to have some information on the FTB servers and knowledge about servers in general. Do you have any idea what causes the mod zip file to stop downloading before it's finished for some people? It makes absolutely no sense to me that a download trough the browser should stop before finishing every single time. I haven't experienced that problem myself, but i've seen many other people rapport that their browser downloads just keep stopping halfway day after day after day.
Absolutely no idea :/ I'll talk to some people about it.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely no idea :/ I'll talk to some people about it.
Thanks! :D

Really would like to provide some more information to narrow the search down a bit, but i haven't seen much about the problem exept for downloads not finishing.
There are a few things that might be related, but don't put too much into it:
It seems to sometimes be related to packet loss somehow, and some sort of timeout (mostly seem to affect people with slow connections).
And the workaround in this thread seems to help some experiencing the problem (apparently that devides the download into 4 parts and that somehow helps).
It's like some people are only able to download a given amount of data before beeing cut off (like the download will claim to be finished uppon reaching 25 of 30mb every time).

Thanks again for looking into it :D

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! :D

Really would like to provide some more information to narrow the search down a bit, but i haven't seen much about the problem exept for downloads not finishing.
There are a few things that might be related, but don't put too much into it:
It seems to sometimes be related to packet loss somehow, and some sort of timeout (mostly seem to affect people with slow connections).
And the workaround in this thread seems to help some experiencing the problem (apparently that devides the download into 4 parts and that somehow helps).
It's like some people are only able to download a given amount of data before beeing cut off (like the download will claim to be finished uppon reaching 25 of 30mb every time).

Thanks again for looking into it :D
So, people with not so great internet is having issues? Makes sense, whenever someone complains about this, please can you get them to use a program called WinMTR (http://winmtr.net) for windows, or just mtr for mac and get them to use the program towards the host repo.creeperhost.net that way we can find out their issue in 2 minutes.

Reactions: Meldiron

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
So, people with not so great internet is having issues? Makes sense, whenever someone complains about this, please can you get them to use a program called WinMTR (http://winmtr.net) for windows, or just mtr for mac and get them to use the program towards the host repo.creeperhost.net that way we can find out their issue in 2 minutes.
Sure thing, will do from now if i stumble over someone with that problem again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.