Open Server Won't Open

C

CardSpecial

Summary of the problem Server Won't Open

Pack Version 3.0.15

What is the bug? When I open my server software, everything runs normally until it begins to initialize the world. Then, I get an error message, the world doesn't open, and cmd gives me only the option to exit the program. This began happening after a full-on computer crash I had earlier in the evening. After each attempt, the message at the bottom of the server software says

"The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STARTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded."

There is also an error message that reads "ERROR attempted to append to non-started appender file."

The first crash's log is here: https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/ce816902

Mod & Version The mod is Sky Factory 3 version 3.0.15 on Forge modloader 12.18.3.2477

Link to log file https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/758a9759

Is it repeatable? Not sure. Restarting computer didn't help.

Known Fix Not as of yet because each forum post about this has a different mod as the reason why. I don't know what's causing my specific problem yet.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Do U have backups? U need them VERY VERY much.
[21:18:21] [Server thread/ERROR]: Exception reading .\world\level.dat
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Loading NBT data

1. try replace level.dat from backup
2. try replace level.dat from new world
3. try new world

C

CardSpecial

Do U have backups? U need them VERY VERY much.
[21:18:21] [Server thread/ERROR]: Exception reading .\world\level.dat
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Loading NBT data

1. try replace level.dat from backup
2. try replace level.dat from new world
3. try new world

I do have backups. Is the process just going into the backup ZIP archive, going into the "world" folder and then dragging the backup level.dat into the regular server folder and doing the "replace existing item" with the backup?

C

CardSpecial

I do have backups. Is the process just going into the backup ZIP archive, going into the "world" folder and then dragging the backup level.dat into the regular server folder and doing the "replace existing item" with the backup?

Update: I replaced the level.dat from the backup and then the entire "world" folder without success. It looks like I'll just have to make a new world, but I fear that there's a problem somehow with my server software.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
This began happening after a full-on computer crash I had earlier in the evening.

If you're computer crashed it's very likely that your world is corrupted.

Restore everything to the backup you have.

And if it still fails, post new log.

Reactions: adamich
C

CardSpecial

100 out 100 Ur crash log is changed after replacing level.dat
Try post new log here. Or restore from backup.

Here is the crash log once I started a new world, successfully played on it, then experienced another crash and tried to use a backup. The following crash log is from my most recent attempt using a backup created yesterday when the server was running without me on it.
https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/de0fc78e

C

CardSpecial

With a fresh world and server software replaced with a backup from the old server, it says the server is an "incompatible FML modded server with only 174/246 mods present".