Sapling Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
What trees that can be used by forestry or steves carts produce the most saplings? I dont care about the wood, or apples.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
i think that oak spruce and birch have the same ratio but as spruce appears to have more leaves per tree i would go with those if saplings are all you are after. One question, what exactly do you need a bunch of saplings for anyway?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well assuming it is one of the vanilla saplings. Oak with Steve's Cart would be the best, since it would be based on the amount of leaves and drop rate. Of the 4 vanilla trees: birch, oak, and spruce have a 1/20 chance of dropping a sapling, jungle is 1/40. Using forestry the machine automatically limits the heights of the trees you can grow, however steve's carts doesn't limit it and can have the fertilizer module if you have access to a skeleton farm for bonemeal allowing for faster growth without the forestry forester. Because Steve's carts doesn't limit the height of trees you can get the very large oak trees which will likely give a larger number of saplings than birch due to it's limited size.