Rural Bees

Bryan_

Jul 29, 2019
How can I make a rural bee? I know that it needs to be in a plains biome, but is there any other biome? I have traveled forever looking for a plains biome but cannot find one. Is there any way I can make one? (I am using MindCrack mod pack)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Not afaik they need a plains biome for the mutation to occur the same as the sinister\fiendish\demonic need the "hell" biome, I haven't looked into whether the EBXL biomes being flagged as various vanilla biomes counts or not (I know meadows counts as plains for Gregtech bauxite ore generation) so you could try that and if you haven't got the mutation within a few generations I'd say not.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
ONLY vanilla plains. And to the guy above, Bauxite spawns in the GT foresty biomes because he's coded them in with EBXL in mind http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=94285#post94285
Gregtech supports EBXL this is true but other biome dependent resources from Forestry also spawn in EBXL biomes as it has support so it is possible that some EBXL biomes which are flagged as plains could be a valid location to breed Rurals I haven't tested it myself hence the run a few generations and see comment above.

Though with hives it may only be a roundabout link as which hives spawn in a given biome is linked I believe to the temp\humidity of a biome and EBXL biomes have their own temp\humidity values.

So there are a few different variables in where things spawn some EBXL biomes are flagged as valid spawn locations for even vanilla biome dependent resources as well as some other mods biome dependent resources, given that SirSengir tests\plays on a server running EBXL it may be possible that he has flagged some EBXL biomes as valid.