Windows .exe (RESOLVED) Direwolf20 1.6.4 Stops responding during World Gen.

Keepinitbeef

Jul 29, 2019
I have been experiencing a Java crash issue during World gen on two of my computers. Have attempted with Horizons pack, Direwolf20 1.6.4 (Versions 1.0.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.3).

FTB Launcher version: 1.3
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 64bit
Java version/update, bit type: Java 7, Update 45 - 64 Bit
Launcher version: 1.3
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Y
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/FrNScpm4
Description of the Issue: Simply trying to generate a single player world. It happens with any type of world gen, including vanilla and biomes o plenty

Troubleshooting I have tried: Uninstalled and reinstalled FTB launcher
- Reinstalled Java
- Deleted and redownloaded the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack.
- Copied a known working version of FTB Launcher and mod files to my computer

Other information: I have this working on one desktop computer, however I get this error on my other one, and my laptop.

Last edited:

thib92210

Jul 29, 2019
I had exactly the same problem and managed to resolve it.
Here are some tips you should try to do :
  • Go to your admin pannel and uninstall any versio of Java you find. Then go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html, go to the "JRE" column and click the "Download" button. On the next page tick "Accept blablablablabla". In the table, get to the "Windows x64" and choose the ".exe" file (not the ".tar.gz"). I suggest doing that since the Java Update program is quite glitchy.
  • Find your DW20 1.6.4 extracted folder (the one you chose in the launcher) and delete it, then re-download the latest version of the pack. If you updated your pack once or twice (or even more), this could create duplicated mods (this error should appear at startup but it is more safe to do this too)
  • If it is still not working, go to tour %appdata%\ftblauncher folder, make a backup of all the packs and maps you've already played with that you don't wanna loose (for me, I hav to go to "ModPacks" and drag/drop the "Direwolf20_1_5_2" folder onto my desktop since I've played a lot with this pack too). Then delete the whole "ftblauncher" folder (you don't need to delete the ".exe" launcher that you use to start the launcher). Then just start again the launcher, configure it again since it is like brand new, re-do stage 2 I told you (delete the extracted folder) and try again.
  • If it is still not working, I have a very last option : go to the "Options" tab in the launcher and select more RAM to use (RAM Maximum). For instance, I have 4GB installed on my computer, so I chose 3GB.

Hope this helped, let me know if it did (or not).
Have fun
- Thib92

Reactions: Keepinitbeef

Keepinitbeef

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the steps thib92210.
However now I am unable to get the game to launch. After running it from the launcher, it began the download, which finished and then had a smaller download which was taking a long time. I have since left my computer for 10 minutes + (normally takes about 3 minutes do download) and still it is on the launcher with the launch options greyed out.

Updated crash log
http://pastebin.com/f6HHZi9F

Edit: Thought I would mention it is actually still downloading, there was just no dialog box for ~5 minutes. Seems to be taking a very long time just sitting on the Launcher, but I will give it another 10-20 minutes. Seems to be downloading Sound files.

Last edited:

Keepinitbeef

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for those steps thib92210.
After deleting all the files except for the launch itself, and removing the ftblauncher folder from roaming, it has worked. It has loaded up with Direwolf20 1.6.4 (1.0.3).
Those steps I had done during my troubleshooting, however not in that order. Again I thank you very much.

thib92210

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm happy to have been able to help out, I've been raging so much failing at playing this pack !

Have fun with all the 1.6.4 mods :)