Resizable/larger launcher window ? + other ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamit

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since i updated the launcher and i like how the mod pack descriptions have improved except its box is to small. i think the space where the mod pack logo is could be used better i.e. screenshots showcasing mods/map etc that cycle automatically.
Also the donate button, i am fully for a donate button, in fact i think it should be bigger and be stylized with something pretty :p but could it not be either moved next to the creeperhost button as so to group the links together(abit petty i know)?
I'm not sure how this last suggestion would work but is it possible to make the launcher store the modpack in appdata. alot of my friends just ran the launcher in their download folder one of which the day before they cleaned it, loosing his saves. possibly by default or maybe on first run could the launcher ask the user where they want to save everything?
PS. the launcher colours are baws! Everything should be Black and Orange!

tropics1999

Jul 29, 2019
Also along with this, just my suggestion, would be to increase the RAM bar to 4 GB as the modpack chews memory and i dont think, for mystcraft 1.5 GB is enough

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
the re-sizable thing is interesting, we did originally intend for it to be so, but when things got more complicated it was easier to use absolute values, we might make it use proper layouts in the future.

the RAM settings are dynamically set to your PC's max, or if you're on 32 bit, it cannot handle more than 1.5, so that's why its at that, it must be picking up 32 bit java on your system. if you have a 64 bit system, i recommend re-installing java 64.
If, however you're on a 32 bit system, its at 1.5 to stop you crashing your computer, you're welcome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.