Reorder of modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

joliartis

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate the reply, but if AE rev11 only works on 1.5 and Ultimate isn't going to be updated to 1.5, my statement remains true doesn't it even if you didn't say it outright?

actually what we are trying to say is that although ultimate isnt going to be updated to 1.5, there will be an beta 1.5 pack, and it will include ae rev11

CapstoneGaming

Jul 29, 2019
actually what we are trying to say is that although ultimate isnt going to be updated to 1.5, there will be an beta 1.5 pack, and it will include ae rev11
Okay... That's good to know. Sorry for the thread-jack. One last question... Can I assume that my current Ultimate world can be played with the beta 1.5 pack with some acceptable side-effects?

I'm not a MODDER, but I play a LOT so I'm trying to be more involved, in a positive way, with the FTB community. Thanks for the response.

joliartis

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... That's good to know. Sorry for the thread-jack. One last question... Can I assume that my current Ultimate world can be played with the beta 1.5 pack with some acceptable side-effects?

I'm not a MODDER, but I play a LOT so I'm trying to be more involved, in a positive way, with the FTB community. Thanks for the response.

answering that, theres no way i can answer that without knowing the mods list, but of one thing you could be sure, rp2 isnt going to be in the pack

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019

FTB stated a few times recently that the 1.5.2 pack will not be compatible with the 'old' Ultimate for Minecraft 1.4.7 pack. And that the soon to be released and yet unnamed 1.5.2 pack will most likely not be compatible with any future Minecraft 1.6 pack.

The only way to keep your world will be to continue playing with the old pack (which will continue to be available to you).

There 'might' be a world converter released at some point from what I've read, but it is 1) far from a guaranteed proposition and 2) far from a perfect tool (buggy) and 3) it will only help with ID/config changes and wont help with mods that have been removed (because no 1.5.2 version exists) or changed too drastically (most notably redpower, Xycraft). Your house was in a volcano? too bad, its now empty air. That nice marble house? Yea, that would be gone too. Any fancy wiring, timer state cell or micro blocks? Poof. All those great Xychorium bricks that stop mobs from spawning in addition to be colorful? Nope.

joliartis

Jul 29, 2019
FTB stated a few times recently that the 1.5.2 pack will not be compatible with the 'old' Ultimate for Minecraft 1.4.7 pack. And that the soon to be released and yet unnamed 1.5.2 pack will most likely not be compatible with any future Minecraft 1.6 pack.
The only way to keep your world will be to continue playing with the old pack (which will continue to be available to you).

thats sad news , mainly for him but 1.4.7 has very cool mods and i also wouldnt reccomend updating

Status
Not open for further replies.