Refined Storage Automation with Metalurgic Infuser

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

I am trying to automate all the metalurgic infuser recipes, Does anyone know in detail how to do this, Everything i have tryed has not worked. I got the machine to except items but it just continuously pulls the items non-stop. So im kinda at a stand still I have no clue how to automate that machine lol.

A

AmazingGoat

What do you mean it keeps pulling the items non stop? you have 2 ways i can think of to automate a metallurgic infuser:
1.You get a different infuser for each recipe and have different crafters for each, then just keep each infuser full with redstone/diamond/coal/obsidian/tin dust/mushrooms/biofuel depending on the recipe you are trying to make.
OR
2. you can have 1 infuser for all recipes, point the crafter into a chest, extract items from the chest using item conduits and put redstone/diamond/copper/obsidian/tin dust/mushrooms/biofuel into the side that accepts the infusion material, then have the item you want to infuse go into the side that accepts the item that is being infused

I personally prefer the second way, but its your choice.

D

Daihok

Do i use exporters for the chests to keep them full? Sorry will probably assking lots of questions kinda new to the autocrafting. watched some spotlights but ehh, Im getting there i got my solders automated. Yea trying to get things set up to automate Making My induction Matrix.

A

AmazingGoat

Do i use exporters for the chests to keep them full? Sorry will probably assking lots of questions kinda new to the autocrafting. watched some spotlights but ehh, Im getting there i got my solders automated
If you are using the second solution then you need to point crafters into the chests, not exporters
For example you wanna make a basic control circuit, so you make a pattern of 1 osmium and 1 redstone=1 basic control circuit, you put the pattern into the crafter that is pointing into the chest, and then you extract from the chest using item conduits (or any form of item transfer) and insert redstone on the side that accepts the infusion material and osmium on the side that accepts the item that is being infused,then use an importer on the metallurgic infuser to automatically import the finished product.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
back when i automated them with AE2 i just had 4 infusers one for each of the main used materials (coal,redstone,diamond,obsidian) and piped with ender io conduits into the bottom along with power from a interface with a stock of each you can even add a crafting card to autocraft the compressed versions then just use crafters on top to put in the iron/osmium for the alloys ect

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I am trying to automate all the metalurgic infuser recipes, Does anyone know in detail how to do this, Everything i have tryed has not worked. I got the machine to except items but it just continuously pulls the items non-stop. So im kinda at a stand still I have no clue how to automate that machine lol.
How to automate Metallurgic Infuser with Refined Storage in three easy steps:

1) Put a Crafter adjacent to the Infuser
2) In a Pattern Grid, make a recipe for the various metals you are wanting to infuse (Charcoal + iron = enriched iron, charcoal + enriched iron = steel, etc...)
3) Put pattern in Crafter.

Now you have automated your Infuser with on-demand crafting.

D

Daihok

Well i got it going, It does really well but actually ended up being alot different then most everyones setups lol. But it looks nice and clean.

Attachments

• 2017-03-25_22.47.50.png
    2017-03-25_22.47.50.png
    1 MB · Views: 2,045

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well i got it going, It does really well but actually ended up being alot different then most everyones setups lol. But it looks nice and clean.
You only really need one infuser for each infusing material. For example, one for infusing carbon, one for infusing redstone... that kind of thing. Keep it topped off with a crafting recipe for compressed whatever, then an export bus to keep it stocked with that material. Then you can just use the crafters to say 'one iron = one enriched iron' and 'one enriched iron = one steel' and put it on the one being fed carbon. That way you have fewer infusers needed.

D

Daihok

You only really need one infuser for each infusing material. For example, one for infusing carbon, one for infusing redstone... that kind of thing. Keep it topped off with a crafting recipe for compressed whatever, then an export bus to keep it stocked with that material. Then you can just use the crafters to say 'one iron = one enriched iron' and 'one enriched iron = one steel' and put it on the one being fed carbon. That way you have fewer infusers needed.
There is only 4 infusers there for each fuel type the other are compressor, enrichment, crusher and smelter

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There is only 4 infusers there for each fuel type the other are compressor, enrichment, crusher and smelter
Ahh, nifty.

I'm assuming you have elsewhere set up a processing chain for your 3/4/5x processing where you put the raw ores in and get ingots out? To set that up, after actually setting up the infrastructure and getting the chain going, where each machine passes it to the next in turn automatically, all you need to do is have an interface with the ores set to always push to the first machine in the chain, and a loopback to said interface, saving you the importer. In AE2 it would also save you the channel.

D

Daihok

Ahh, nifty.

I'm assuming you have elsewhere set up a processing chain for your 3/4/5x processing where you put the raw ores in and get ingots out? To set that up, after actually setting up the infrastructure and getting the chain going, where each machine passes it to the next in turn automatically, all you need to do is have an interface with the ores set to always push to the first machine in the chain, and a loopback to said interface, saving you the importer. In AE2 it would also save you the channel.
Yup and have reactor and turbine set up produces 2mrf a tick when running full Will show picks of my setup and reactor/turbine.

Attachments

• 2017-03-26_06.06.18.png
    2017-03-26_06.06.18.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 615
  • 2017-03-26_06.06.26.png
    2017-03-26_06.06.26.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 665
  • 2017-03-26_06.06.30.png
    2017-03-26_06.06.30.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 445
  • 2017-03-26_06.06.23.png
    2017-03-26_06.06.23.png