Redwood forest update bugged now world wont open

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Oddert

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I recently updated to a new version of the Direwolf20 pack and was exploring an old (chunks loaded before the update) redwood forest from extra biomes and discovered that all the leaves were now ruby ore and the wooden planks had become ruby blocks with some random items scattered about. I relay wish I could give you a screenshot but I didn't get one. Instead I went over to a pink block that when mined was called 'unnamed' and like the idiot I am tried to place it back rather than deleting it. Now, every time I try to open that world it crashes shortly after opening and I have no clue what to do. I tried deleting the chunks in mc-edit, deleting the player '.dat' to no avail.
Does anyone know what I can do to somehow get The world back or something.
Any input is appreciated, thanks! :D

PS: If this thread is in the wrong section then I apologise as I couldn't relay think where it should have been posted being new here :(:)

Link to crash report: http://pastebin.com/svG1c2gp

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Something's out of whack with your configs, I can tell you. Try removing Redpower temporarily, it'll screw your world up a little, but it'll get rid of the pink block.

Oddert

Jul 29, 2019
I tried removing Redpower but when I opened minecraft forge came up with a message saying that none of the Redpower modules could be found -Because I just removed them- but would not open as a result, I then took out the configs for Redpower and even removed the forge files in .minecraft but got the same message. Is there a setup file that's looking for repower when I launch? Thanks btw :)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, some other mod requires redpower. Probably WRCBE and the RP plugin for NEI. Remove those, too.

You removed the configs? I highly suggest you install the modpack again in a different location and transfer the configs (and the .jar RP2 files) back to your original install, and then switch back to your original install location so you can run the modpack again. (Disabling mods should be sufficient to turn them off.)

Oddert

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! Finally got round to trying that and it worked a treat, Thanks for the help!! :D:D