Redpower signal only when online?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

scotty562

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to generate a redstone signal only when online. The reason I ask is because I want to have my mass fab shut off when I'm not on so it's not generating UU when I'm not actually online. I know I can set the chunkloader to not load the chunks, but I can't do that because it breaks my turtles program.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there's a computercraft peripheral that checks if players are online. Looks like a golden note block if I can remember right. Or a grey box with Steve's head on the front.

It won't rely on chunk loading mechanics so you can just easily turn off the mass fab with that. You say you have turtles, so you should be able to understand how to use it.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
There's a GregTech block that sends out a signal when a player is within 16 blocks, also a couple other player detectors. But I'm not sure if there's something that detects if a specific player is on, maybe that cc peripheral can like PeggleFrank said

scotty562

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I'll try and find that computercraft peripheral. I'm also working on getting the turtles to pick up where they leave off if they get unloaded. We'll see which method produces results first.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis has a block called online player detector. It's part of Tubestuff.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite sure there's something in one of Immibis' mods that does this - one if the ones included in FTB.
Can't remember the name of it though.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite sure there's something in one of Immibis' mods that does this - one if the ones included in FTB.
Can't remember the name of it though.
I already mentioned it. See the previous 2 comments.